Bear Creek 22/23 Season

antman12

Rolled in at 8:40 and hit almost first chair. Really flat light.  Rode B up and went right over to backside. Snow was surprisingly nice! Fairly firm and carveable. First run down Broadway was really nice. Rinse and repeat. Grizzly was exceptionally nice. Timberline was very firm and nice. Did the HoChiMinh and it was pretty nice too! All in all the F chair side was a great morning with an absolutely minimum crowd. Finished with some Kodiak runs.  ROTD Grizzly, turn right and Coaster to chair. Off before the sleet hit. JADIP

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mgguy said:

Almost forgot, coverage was surprisingly good. Some stains showing through but Bear's groomers continue to impress with how they can keep coverage! Was much better today than yesterday!

I was going to take a couple runs last night before picking up my kid but forgot I took my pass out of my jacket when I went to Elk ,so I had a Beer at Trails end instead . I was surprised when I pulled in that the coverage looked pretty good considering this weeks flame thrower .

Are there bumps on Grizzly yet ? 

Fun couple hours this morning getting glazed by the snow guns. Nice to be scraping my goggles off again and brushing the chair cushions before sitting down. Any other season I’d be whining about inconvenience. Got to use my Head gloves thumb feature, perfect for cleaning of the lenses. 

Sasquatch was nice but with one of the carpet slopes was closed so I couldn’t lap Sasquatch. Cool wave clouds , mentally surfing them. 

14800761-A4F3-4EE9-B894-87178EFB51D8.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

Fun couple hours this morning getting glazed by the snow guns. Nice to be scraping my goggles off again and brushing the chair cushions before sitting down. Any other season I’d be whining about inconvenience. Got to use my Head gloves thumb feature, perfect for cleaning of the lenses. 

Sasquatch was nice but with one of the carpet slopes was closed so I couldn’t lap Sasquatch. Cool wave clouds , mentally surfing them. 

14800761-A4F3-4EE9-B894-87178EFB51D8.jpeg

How were the crowds?

22 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

F lift ski on till I left. B lift 2 minutes. Maybe it’s longer now but I got there early only skied for a little while. 

Snow was extremely variable, kept the legs stiff to prevent front seat/ backseat. 

I was nervous about that sort of snow at Blue but the stuff they blew was medium density as opposed to the sticky icky that sends people ass over teakettle. Good everywhere is blowing.  This  mini cold snap will likely keep us all skiing and riding locally an extra week or two. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I was nervous about that sort of snow at Blue but the stuff they blew was medium density as opposed to the sticky icky that sends people ass over teakettle. Good everywhere is blowing.  This  mini cold snap will likely keep us all skiing and riding locally an extra week or two. 

Yeah I was behind a Patroller friend one night at Camelback we were cooking pretty good . The wind was blowing steady which sent the new snow pretty far away from the guns. The technique was stay upwind close to the guns at least that was the plan on paper. Until one gun malfunctioned and put out water. I can still see him flying through the air and his skis stuck to the ground. Fortunately I jumped over the bad spot. 
He was hurting but nothing broken. 

Glad your foot is better. 

1 hour ago, AirheadD8 said:

Yeah I was behind a Patroller friend one night at Camelback we were cooking pretty good . The wind was blowing steady which sent the new snow pretty far away from the guns. The technique was stay upwind close to the guns at least that was the plan on paper. Until one gun malfunctioned and put out water. I can still see him flying through the air and his skis stuck to the ground. Fortunately I jumped over the bad spot. 
He was hurting but nothing broken. 

Glad your foot is better. 

That sort of thing owns all of us.  You could be the best skier in the world and a little snow snake bites you..or having a few screws loose…in your binding.  

3 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Another good late afternoon/early evening session...Same great conditions.....This weekday pass has worked out great....Not the biggest place and can be frustrating when it gets a crowd...But nights like tonight...when nobody is there...it's a good time....

20230302_180005.jpg

20230302_175819.jpg

20230302_182724.jpg

Nice, how is the snow holding up? I haven’t been around for a while. 

Skied 4 of 5 days this week; snow is still holding up remarkably well. This morning had like no crowd and the snow was nice and soft but firm, like cream cheese? It held up really well and after 2 hours you could still pick out your tracks from earlier runs. At 11 the snow was still pretty fast and holding up real well. Some brown here and there but nothing of any consequence. They will definately blow if the opportunity presents itself. Still looking at pond skimming on the 19th.

Spent both Saturday and Sunday mornings up at Bear this weekend with 2 different cousins. Gonna be there a few nights this weeks teaching somebody and going with somebody else before the season ends.

Its frustrating...I tell people year round "anytime you wanna go just let me know". Then they all wanna go the week they close.

No official closing date yet but I cant imagine they make it past this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Was at BC from about 5 to a little after 6...Some pretty meh conditions..which surprises me cause most of the time it's good...Semi crusted chop...but some spots had decent stuff...Place was ghosted ....These next few days are prolly gonna be my last here....I hope they have the priest on call....

20230306_171518.jpg

20230306_172027.jpg

20230306_174454.jpg

20230306_174523.jpg

20230306_174723.jpg

20230306_181604.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Was up last night for 5 “runs” teaching my GF to snowboard. Took 3 runs off the carpet and 2 runs off little E lift. She did pretty good for her first time and never being on a board of any sort ever before lol. 

• Like 3