Jump to content

Bear Creek 22/23 Season


antman12
 Share

Recommended Posts

Spent the past 2days up there. MUCH improved since the last time I was there though. 
 

Was great that they had both A&B lift open at 9 so there were No lift lines at all this morning till I left at 11. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My bar friend who I gave my buddy pass to is going to BC Wednesday night for their deal.  He was a big bmx rider back in the day and still enjoys flatland tricks and BFFs with the architect who designed the Bethlehem skate park by the casino.  I know this isn’t ski footage but it’s freaking rad..this is a video of him from 1989 in Allentown.  
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Conditions tonight were pretty meh...Semi frozen cut up slush with some sugar sprinkled on top...Got there around six and saw a shit ton of lessons/groups in the courtyard...Mainly just skied Timberline as it remained somewhat uncrowded with the previously mentioned folks...Skied for about an hour and a half....Good time tonight...It's the perfect set up for me.....

20230124_181707.thumb.jpg.4c89547a9a87a6b261b78a63ef5a1e62.jpg20230124_182834.thumb.jpg.94bcd32503e4f0c6416ff62a6ed0aef7.jpg20230124_182901.thumb.jpg.ba17adf46cebc024abc259d55a46c7c6.jpg

@Johnny Law..This is where that super cool snack shack used to be...One of the old trails still runs behind it....

20230124_190534.thumb.jpg.b7ca1214d480b95f30f575612d050ed4.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

Conditions tonight were pretty meh...Semi frozen cut up slush with some sugar sprinkled on top...Got there around six and saw a shit ton of lessons/groups in the courtyard...Mainly just skied Timberline as it remained somewhat uncrowded with the previously mentioned folks...Skied for about an hour and a half....Good time tonight...It's the perfect set up for me.....

20230124_181707.thumb.jpg.4c89547a9a87a6b261b78a63ef5a1e62.jpg20230124_182834.thumb.jpg.94bcd32503e4f0c6416ff62a6ed0aef7.jpg20230124_182901.thumb.jpg.ba17adf46cebc024abc259d55a46c7c6.jpg

@Johnny Law..This is where that super cool snack shack used to be...One of the old trails still runs behind it....

20230124_190534.thumb.jpg.b7ca1214d480b95f30f575612d050ed4.jpg

I just had a Nam like flashback to 1990 lol I remember the trail was almost never open at least I think 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

I just had a Nam like flashback to 1990 lol I remember the trail was almost never open at least I think 

As a kid I dreamed of riding that trail…never happened.  Also, I remember the old snack shack but never saw it open…didn’t they have a restroom building near by?

that trail seems similar to the double black diamond at spring mountain, which they keep on their trail map but probably hasn’t been open in 20+ years

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

As a kid I dreamed of riding that trail…never happened.  Also, I remember the old snack shack but never saw it open…didn’t they have a restroom building near by?

that trail seems similar to the double black diamond at spring mountain, which they keep on their trail map but probably hasn’t been open in 20+ years

I have ridden that the year they first reopened. Some kid hit a rock and was seriously injured and then I've never seen it open again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TRAIL REPORT 1-27-  Rolled in at 8:30 to a fairly mild morning, nice blue sky. Extremely surprised by conditions! Somehow they keep finding snow. No bare spots anywhere. Snow to start was pretty firm and fast. After a couple of runs on Kodiak went over to F chair side. Polar Bear was sweet, Timberline fast, Broadway also fast. Snow started to soften but remained fast and easy to set edges. Sasquatch was nice and firm and the wife decided to lap it a few times. No real ROTD as all of the trails were pretty much the same. Last run was Black Bear Park and it did not disappoint. Was surprised at the crowd today, was more like a Saturday than a Friday. Called it a day right before 11. Looking forward to tomorrow early!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last night was f*cking terrible. Boot high sugar piles on ice. Brutal. But I got 6 runs in with my niece so all good 🥰.  Very proud of how much better she’s gotten since she first started. Look forward to going with her again soon with better conditions.

Turned around and did double duty and was up this morning from 845-11 with cuzzie. Little better than last night and was only gonna get better as it got warmer. 
 

3440BEA2-E64E-4663-B0EB-6AA5F0884313.thumb.jpeg.b17e2076293ab394c0a7d1aac69825cd.jpeg

Edited by antman12
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Bear Crick looked a little sad on this fine evening.

IMG_8296.thumb.JPG.d72a64ec5470d6b23653680a68d0946d.JPG

IMG_8297.thumb.JPG.3807f49c4e83a4ed5f204f1127ac3162.JPG

Nice pictures , I saw a few cumulus cloud wisps. Getting the itch to fly.

The last three days there’s been a ton of bus traffic. Lot #6 had cars today too. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was up there tonight for little over an hour...Fast soft snow cone stuff.....Only steep open was sasquatch...Which is getting some bumps on it...and while the snow was good there are a ton of brown/thins spots....Hopefully temps go in there favor and they can get some snow down....Fun night again and the place was empty...Went inside to use the bar restroom and the lodge still looks pretty good for being 20 some years old.......

 

20230130_180155.jpg

20230130_183129.jpg

20230130_183209.jpg

20230130_184354.jpg

20230130_184438.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...