11/25…opening day.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Best opening day ever and it's not even close. It's November...day 1, and there's a ridiculous amount of terrain open with three long runs from the top open (including coming soon), 2 high speed lifts running, not at all crowded with 0 lift lines to speak of, great conditions (no cookies) and we parked in the valley...again on day freaking 1. I had to pinch myself to make sure it was real. Great day! Major props to blue and great seeing everyone today!

IMG_20221125_104538_HDR~4.jpg

IMG_20221125_103323_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20221125_100908_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Soooooo jelly ! No cookies and a new lift.. are they getting their shit together ?

Who made the first chair with Atomic ? 

Atomic, Dirtwolf, Dan and a snowboarder that I didn't know I think made chair 1? Not sure. I had pass issues like Doug and ended up getting chair 4 or 5 with him.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Soooooo jelly ! No cookies and a new lift.. are they getting their shit together ?

Who made the first chair with Atomic ? 

I was there undercover taking pictures and it looks like some dude on a snowboard made first chair with Atomic Skier Jeff.  I thought it was @Schifso I tagged him but it apparently wasn't and apparently you can't delete when you tag someone even when editing a post.

443999955_Screenshot_20221125-1520483.thumb.png.87a7630acf21868f2e7e4f6d25366382.png

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

I’m back from opening day 2022-23 at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at around 810am and Dirtwolf was already in the house.  Also in attendance were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, C1, Schifdawg, PARidgeNancy, Enjorales, Pops, Boo Bear, MBike Mike, Mrs. snowbunski, Nastar Glenn, Indiggio, Mixilplix, Tarpenhead, Slim, Faldo, Charles and many others.  

i had lift scanning issues and ended up on the fourth quad and into the fog for first run of the season on Coming soon…coverage was outstanding and the snow was decent..firm and soft no cookies.  Paradise was even better snow and very nice to be able to open it up a little opening day.  Burma had good coverage and was fun as well.  I got my pass sorted out let’s hope it works tomorrow.  

Like many opening days, there was a nice beer drinking contingent in the lot and even chips and it got progressively warmer with the temperature rising through the 40s and into the 50s.  There was never any real crowd today probably due to the earlier showers.  Tomorrow looks like much nice weather and everything should groom out well

Again hats off to the snowmakers on an impressive opening day.  I even rode the vista chair once to checkout the top station of the new super summit safari six pack.  JADIP

Grate report!!! I SUJOPO'd to this 3 times today. My favorite parts were when you got your pass sorted out, when you rode the vista chair, and when there was a beer drinking contingent in the lot.  I looked up the definition of "contingent" and it says "a group of people united by some common feature, forming part of a larger group". So this means the beer drinking contingent is one group, and the Yoo-Hoo drinking contingent is a separate group. Sick!

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Grate report!!! I SUJOPO'd to this 3 times today. My favorite parts were when you got your pass sorted out, when you rode the vista chair, and when there was a beer drinking contingent in the lot.  I looked up the definition of "contingent" and it says "a group of people united by some common feature, forming part of a larger group". So this means the beer drinking contingent is one group, and the Yoo-Hoo drinking contingent is a separate group. Sick!

Salty I think you have FOMO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/26/2022 at 5:02 AM, RidgeRacer said:

The uphill is completely gone.

i was surprised with how flat it was and for such a long distance. novice skiers and most snowboarders will prob have a rough time with it unless they are waiting for more snowmaking to give it a little pitch. 

22 hours ago, C1erArt said:

Somebody is famous on Blue Mountain’s Instagram. 

I was curious who was famous so I just checked out Blue's instagram .... and it seems like they lost their account somehow.

When you click on the social icons at their website, it leads to "page not found" and there's no Blue Mountain (Pennsylvania) on insta

https://www.instagram.com/bluemtresort/

24 minutes ago, skiincy said:

I was curious who was famous so I just checked out Blue's instagram .... and it seems like they lost their account somehow.

When you click on the social icons at their website, it leads to "page not found" and there's no Blue Mountain (Pennsylvania) on insta

https://www.instagram.com/bluemtresort/

Works for me. I’m not on instagram but I can access post IG pages

1 minute ago, momskeeztoo said:

What an amazing first day! So glad the bottom lodge was open and 3 long runs. Snow was perfect. Had to work Saturday so missed out. I haven’t posted on here in a long while, been busy. Happy season everyone!

Welcome back!!!  You sure have a lot of posts to catch up on.  I try to go an hour without checking PASR during the work day and usually fail.  

• Thanks 1