11/26…day two..sunny and worse conditions than yesterday.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another November session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot at like 710am..I’m still allowing way to much time for the drive up but all good..gave me time to boot up slow and up the quad for the opening bell.  I first skied Freefall and it was firm..and lower paradise was frozen slush with a groomer path on the right side.  Paradise was pretty rough and I did a burma run which was a bit better.  

Back to Freefall a few more times which was still scratchy and paradise which was getting busier. I got spoiled by yesterdays more forgiving conditions and while this morning wasn’t that bad it wasn’t that good even PARidge said 5.5 out of 10.  

in the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, PARidge, Mute, Ryan, Salty, Nastar Glenn, Harold, Slim, Indiggio, Enjorales, Charles, Pops, Antman and many more.  I hungout in the lot a little and had some beer and chips and now at my office logging in yesterdays mail and orders…I received a text on my way home that blue is not open tomorrow probably due to forecasted rain and while I was looking forward to the first ever November sausage sunday, sleeping in tomorrow will be nice as well.  JADIP 

41E81DD3-0114-4105-9166-3D99A46038BB.jpeg

1AD27896-2D91-4E33-B943-D0B44305756F.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Good thing I brought my gear to work.  First opening day night session for me since that 2 day Monday opening in I believe 2015

I'm going to fly over Blue Mountain around 4:20 pm. Look for a toy plane flying southbound 

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Sounds like my options for runs are essentially coming soon, paradise, and Burma.  Am I missing anything?

No you’re not missing anything.  I did hear that they closed the quad yesterday evening so you might have to hoof it to get to coming Soon 

Short of finally getting out to ski, today was nothing to get pumped about. Was strangely reminiscent of closing day conditions and a great reminder as to why I dislike night skiing. 

Things werent too scrapy/icy but it was a little slushy. Lower paradise was like a mini mogul field. 

Also, my legs were on fire. 

Edited by Benm
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Paradise was remarkably trashy today, especially in the early morning. But the almost-2-mile-trail was actually rather good. I never enjoyed Burma because it's typically full of slow skiers and degrades quickly, but today it was niiiice. Firm, smooth and fast. And you could ski Connector not fearing that someone would cut you from the left.

The most bizarre thing today were clocks. The one on the lodge one hour behind, the one on the quad one hour ahead. It was very tiring to count down 90 mins of skiing.

• Boner City 1
  • Confused 1

Incredible opening weekend.  Huge props to blue for being able to open with the amount of terrain they did. 

Rain stopped yesterday at about 915(?) and was spring conditions for the rest of the morning. So fun.

I thought conditions were good today as well. Little scrapped off? Sure. But still able to grab an edge and carve. 

10/10 opening weekend. 

PS @enjoralas, Pops and I got first chair and didn’t have to wait at 830😂

915AED06-159E-47E9-A759-CD396B74A23F.thumb.jpeg.63c348714d7847da7e914a84ab5819e2.jpeg

A403CE8C-84C5-4C9A-8C90-1BF6806309CD.thumb.jpeg.c90494827b4a76188bf84d48046e7d35.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

today wasnt quite as nice as yesterday, but happy to be skiing this weekend, and really happy to be in the Valley for opening, so i will give Blue a break for closing tomorrow.  im gonna bet they didnt sell a ton of day passes either day.  it didnt seem like the usual crowded opening weekend, but maybe its just because they opened with more terrain, and more lift capacity.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

today wasnt quite as nice as yesterday, but happy to be skiing this weekend, and really happy to be in the Valley for opening, so i will give Blue a break for closing tomorrow.  im gonna bet they didnt sell a ton of day passes either day.  it didnt seem like the usual crowded opening weekend, but maybe its just because they opened with more terrain, and more lift capacity.  

Yep. 2 days in the books by Nov 26th is a win. Let's hope the forecast trends downward this week.

21 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Fuuuuck I was actually pretty stoked to ride in the rain but I understand they had to close.

Please be open next weekend or I'll lose my mind.

They’ll be open Friday-Sunday and have plenty of base and you know what they say it’s all about the base. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eaf said:

The most bizarre thing today were clocks. The one on the lodge one hour behind, the one on the quad one hour ahead. It was very tiring to count down 90 mins of skiing.

I agree that the clocks are highly problematic. I was counting down the seconds until skiing ended so I could go flying, and when I looked at the lodge one I thought it was only 8:29, but it was actually 9:29 so I only had to ski for one more minute.

19 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Good thing I brought my gear to work.  First opening day night session for me since that 2 day Monday opening in I believe 2015

How was the night session?  Looked like they were running the quad only. I’m not capping when I say you’re the most dedicated PASR..the TP4 statue is in pre production somewhere in central China.  Due to supply chain issues we’ll have it in 2-84 months.