Weekend roll call 12/2-12/4…

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

It’s almost another weekend. Is anybody planning on skiing Blue mountain the true mountain?  I’m planning on skiing Friday morning for their reopening and the weather looks fantastic and I don’t have an appointment that day until afternoon. There could even be some fresh man made Poe. Saturday looks like a washout and Sunday looks like nice weather.  It’s still bonus skiing so gotta get after it. 

48 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

edit: now Blue mountain is reopening on Saturday.  The other day they said Friday.  I guess they want the cold temperatures Friday morning to blow snow with no people on the trails.  

Won't be shocked if they make that Sunday if its gonna rain Saturday. Though yesterday you said that thought meant I didn't know Blue Mt at all - despite having skied there since you were in diapers.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Won't be shocked if they make that Sunday if its gonna rain Saturday. Though yesterday you said that thought meant I didn't know Blue Mt at all - despite having skied there since you were in diapers.

Go take a long hike off a short pier. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

image.gif.7de29d4d31a77709c7086d4c895b8580.gif

• Confused 1

Sorry BenM didn’t mean to be rude earlier and they could get some decent snowmaking early tomorrow morning depending on how much the temperatures dip but tomorrow evening into Friday morning looks prime.  I was looking forward to skiing Friday morning and the weather looks really nice that day oh well Saturday in the rain and Sunday funday hippie Sunday 

• Confused 1

Will be suprised if they open Saturday with current forecast, targeting Sunday - looks like the better bet.  Monday / Tuesday don't look good expect them to close again til later in week if they open at all...will be interesting to see if they want to push it if/when snowmaking opens up on the overnights.   

7 minutes ago, billskis said:

Will be suprised if they open Saturday with current forecast, targeting Sunday - looks like the better bet.  Monday / Tuesday don't look good expect them to close again til later in week if they open at all...will be interesting to see if they want to push it if/when snowmaking opens up on the overnights.   

I believe that they already said they will be closed during the week next week and open Friday. I'm too lazy to look tbh. 

32 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Saturday is only supposed to be showers and only an 80% chance.  

What weather source and location do you use for Blue forecast? This is Palmerton forecast for Saturday on Weather Channel app. And forecast is basically identical for all NEPA ski reguon. I again predict them being open Sunday only. Though if your point that they never open Sunday is valid, I guess that means they don't open this weekend.

Hope to ski somewhere Sunday but won't head out Saturday for 100% chance of 1/4" of rain.

Screenshot_20221201-084129_The Weather Channel.jpg

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Boner City 1