Weekend roll call 12/2-12/4…

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Its my opinion that since they have already announced staying closed Friday, they will be open for Sat and Sun.  It looks like it may be a little moist for parts of Saturday, but i dont think its an all day steady rain at this point.  

Unless its pouring down rain sat am, i will be there skiing the same mountain with the same people for an hour and a half, and then hang out in the parking lot drinking beer and discussing current events.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

What weather source and location do you use for Blue forecast? This is Palmerton forecast for Saturday on Weather Channel app. And forecast is basically identical for all NEPA ski reguon. I again predict them being open Sunday only. Though if your point that they never open Sunday is valid, I guess that means they don't open this weekend.

Hope to ski somewhere Sunday but won't head out Saturday for 100% chance of 1/4" of rain.

Screenshot_20221201-084129_The Weather Channel.jpg

E0E6F084-ED0D-4417-B9CA-AF7BB51C0858.gif

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

E0E6F084-ED0D-4417-B9CA-AF7BB51C0858.gif

It is crucial to perform deep analysis on the weather patterns for this Saturday to mitigate the risk of skiing in the rain and thereby succumbing to ague or melting. I will be utilizing a wide array of meteorological forecasting methods through rigorous testing of present and future atmospheric and barometric conditions to quantify the inherent probability of unstable adiabatic lapse rate which poses grave danger to skiing the perder in dry clothes. 

Edited by saltyant

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It is crucial to perform deep analysis on the weather patterns for this Saturday to mitigate the risk of skiing in the rain and thereby succumbing to ague or melting. I will be utilizing a wide array of meteorological forecasting methods through rigorous testing of present and future atmospheric and barometric conditions to quantity the inherent probability of unstable adiabatic lapse rate which poses grave danger to skiing the perder in dry clothes. 

2D4625E1-7D7C-4BC5-A813-DFD187CEE8C7.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Cause for some odd reason a PA Skiing site that even has a Bear Creek forum lacks a Shawnee one - and this is useful info to folks considering going to Blue. 

200w.gif.dbd2263a0e095fccd6798385b5f0dd2f.gif

He's right you know. @GrilledSteezeSandwich if you want Ski2Live to post in a Shawnee forum you better petition the mods to create one for all Shawnee related ski discussions.

Edited by saltyant

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

200w.gif.dbd2263a0e095fccd6798385b5f0dd2f.gif

He's right you know. @GrilledSteezeSandwich if you want Ski2Live to post in a Shawnee forum you better petition the mods to create one for all Shawnee related ski discussions.

@saltyanti had frost on my car this morning.  This is getting good. It’s almost ski season. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyanti had frost on my car this morning.  This is getting good. It’s almost ski season. 

This is grate. Maybe tomorrow I'll drop my skis off at True Blue so they can sharpen the edges. Perhaps then I won't skid down Coming Soon as much when it is a frozen moonscape on Sunday morning since Ski2Live's weather analysis says it will be 32 degrees at Blue Mountain Resorts which is less promising than the warmer 33 degrees at Shawnee Mountain Ski Hill.

Edited by saltyant

49 minutes ago, saltyant said:

This is grate. Maybe tomorrow I'll drop my skis off at True Blue so they can sharpen the edges. Perhaps then I won't skid down Coming Soon as much when it is a frozen moonscape on Sunday morning since Ski2Live's weather analysis says it will be 32 degrees at Blue Mountain Resorts which is less promising than the warmer 33 degrees at Shawnee Mountain Ski Hill.

Fantastic 

• Thanks 1