Official 2022-2023 Ski Season Camel Back Opening Day Thread

saltyant

This is the moment everyone on this site has been waiting for. Camelback Mountain is officially opening on December 16! I highlighted the most exciting news: refreshments (maybe sugar cookies and hot cocoas) will be served; FIRST T.R.A.X. will commence; and there is a new app which may have a map so you won't get lost at Camelback!!! This is soooo sick!

609274280_Screenshot_20221202-133902-0872.thumb.png.c345171d392d603892b11fb292dc0239.png

Edited by saltyant

43 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Only one more week until they open. 

Which Camelback trail are you most excited about opening? Mine is Honeymoon since that's the trail I skied 51 times in a row and some runs were with Ski2Live which was radical and then we split a hot cocoa.

Edited by saltyant

5 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Whoa Spring Mountain added some slopes ........" Wrong way Salty " GPS fail? 

Atomic and I went to MPO instead for less traffic so I could practice touch and gos, but there ended up being 2 in the pattern there initially. I'm always up for seeing Camelback, it's the best resort in North America.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Only three more days. 

I am lobbying for a joint season pass for both Camelback and Blue Mountain so you can ski at both.... Or at least be able to use my Blue Mountain buddy pass to ski one time per year at Camelback. KSL Resorts needs to get with the times and have a multi mountain pass. I think my Epic Pass cost less than just a Blue Pass. If this doesn't happen I might protest with a sign in the Blue Mountain parking lot, dye my hair blue and yell REEEEE for ten hours.

Edited by saltyant

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I am lobbying for a joint season pass for both Camelback and Blue Mountain so you can ski at both.... Or at least be able to use my Blue Mountain buddy pass to ski one time at Camelback. KSL Resorts needs to get with the times and have a multi mountain pass. I think my Epic Pass cost less than just a Blue Pass. If this doesn't happen I might protest with a sign in the Blue Mountain parking lot, dye my hair blue and yell REEEEE a lot.

The problem is that we’ll get alot of the camelback people at Blue especially early season and it will make Blue more crowded so I oppose that idea.  If you want to ski camelback you get a sweet 20% discount with your Blue pass. 

The epic pass is only good at crappy PA places. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The problem is that we’ll get alot of the camelback people at Blue especially early season and it will make Blue more crowded so I oppose that idea.  If you want to ski camelback you get a sweet 20% discount with your Blue pass. 

The epic pass is only good at crappy PA places. 

Wao it's now a 25% discount. That's so rad but I still doth protest. I wonder if JFDan will join me in protest, maybe we can even kneel when the Blue Mountain national anthem plays.

Edited by saltyant

23 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wao it's now a 25% discount. That's so rad but I still doth protest. I wonder if JFDan will join me in protest, maybe we can even kneel when the Blue Mountain national anthem plays.

Salty if you kneel in front of Jack Frost Dan he’ll probably kick you in the nuts.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty if you kneel in front of Jack Frost Dan he’ll probably kick you in the nuts.  

Our only other choice is for all PASRs around the world to unite at Blue Mountain and form a mile long human chain around headquarters while holding hands and singing Kumbaya.

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well then why when you google pocono ski areas does blue come up?

Cause Google is wrong in this instance. Blue is not on the Pocono Plateau. It is on a separate rodge south of that Plateau, just as Montage and Elk are north of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1