Official 2022-2023 Ski Season Camel Back Opening Day Thread

saltyant

1 hour ago, Benm said:

i got a laugh when i saw the new branding with 'poconos' being highlighted

i guess maybe. barely. it pretty much sits on the carbon/northampton line. put it on the other side of the mountain and no way.

'poconos' depends on whoever's take, but according to the PMVB, the 'poconos' extends to the southern borders of carbon and monroe. there's also a welcome sign on 476 at the ridge. 

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Pocono Mountain Visitors bureau says 6.  They own the Poconos, so.......

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Lehigh and Northampton counties=the Lehigh valley and carbon and Monroe counties equal the Poconos 

I don't understand how anyone could argue that Blue is NOT in the Poconos, when it neighbors Jon Thorpe.

image.thumb.png.9f44ab6c742d658f7211d86625fbdb32.png

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Fakest of news! A hoax!

Screenshot_20221215-153616.thumb.png.864e50122c86a6e57f2b78f6d65ce163.png

Definitely seems to be legit. Link in the email goes (eventually) to a shopskibluemt.com web address with Https. Closed that page and went directly to the shop website and searched for the product, couldn't find it. Logged in because I thought maybe you had to be logged in to see it. Still couldn't find it. Went back to the page through the link in the email, clicked on my account and my info was there, so it has to be internally linked to the webstore. 

Of course, it may be legit, but it still rhymes with shit. As Camelback's maybe 4th biggest fan on PASR, it's still not worth almost $200 to add it to my pass. Would have to go at least three times for it to pay off, not likely.

image.png.efdb7701e55c402f1912270c445c0390.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Definitely seems to be legit. Link in the email goes (eventually) to a shopskibluemt.com web address with Https. Closed that page and went directly to the shop website and searched for the product, couldn't find it. Logged in because I thought maybe you had to be logged in to see it. Still couldn't find it. Went back to the page through the link in the email, clicked on my account and my info was there, so it has to be internally linked to the webstore. 

Of course, it may be legit, but it still rhymes with shit. As Camelback's maybe 4th biggest fan on PASR, it's still not worth almost $200 to add it to my pass. Would have to go at least three times for it to pay off, not likely.

It's legit, I guess they sent the email out before informing the public through other channels and even their own customer service agent

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Be careful or Grilled Steeze might tell you to go eat a meatloaf.

Better than listening to 90% of meatloaf songs.  This thread is blowing up…Salty I can’t wait to read one of your famous camelback reports and then you can eat at the Chinese buffet.  Make sure to get in for the lunch price. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Better than listening to 90% of meatloaf songs.  This thread is blowing up…Salty I can’t wait to read one of your famous camelback reports and then you can eat at the Chinese buffet.  Make sure to get in for the lunch price. 

Correct. I might spend the $188, I always thought it would be grate to alternate between Camelback & Blue. Plus someone on Facebook said Blue passholders will be allowed to ski Camelback First Tra× which is pretty rad.

2 hours ago, enjoralas said:

So this is legit? Hard to tell will the amount of trash posts on this board these days. 

Decent deal as it pays for itself in 3 trips and I think I already have a 2 day weekend trip planned in January. 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, antman12 said:

So this is legit? Hard to tell will the amount of trash posts on this board these days. 

Decent deal as it pays for itself in 3 trips and I think I already have a 2 day weekend trip planned in January. 

Pretty sure it's legit.  I wouldn't post up such jibberish otherwise, although I didn't click on any of the stuff in the email they sent.   I didn't see it on the Blue mountain website earlier but I didn't look too much 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, antman12 said:

I consider it 💯 legit. Definitely worth it if you have 2 weekend days planned there as you'll probably pay about $174 for those two days anyway. (100 -25 discount + 12 parking times 2 days)

I like a day or two or even 3 at Camelback, but not willing to bet on making 3 visits

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1