12/4…sunny Sunday. Ok snow.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

Im back from a fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. Everybody was in the house except for Toast and Schifdawg.  The temperature was around 30 degrees under sunny sky’s.  Second civilian quad and first run on Freefall was solid snow but smooth.  Better than I expected.  Paradise was firm sugar and Burma was firm not much sugar.  

Crowds were light and the most congested was lower paradise.  I skiing a whopping 8 runs and then hungout in the lot drinking beer, eating chips and we also had our first sausage Sunday of the year which was Uber good.  I had a slider burger, steak, burnt ends, chicken and sausage. I hungout in the lot until about 1 and back at work now but need a nap. JADIP 

7FEA832C-8F4C-4E0A-8FA4-3B6C8A6FB9D5.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Boner City 1

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey all,

Im back from a fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. Everybody was in the house except for Toast and Schifdawg.  The temperature was around 30 degrees under sunny sky’s.  Second civilian quad and first run on Freefall was solid snow but smooth.  Better than I expected.  Paradise was firm sugar and Burma was firm not much sugar.  

Crowds were light and the most congested was lower paradise.  I skiing a whopping 8 runs and then hungout in the lot drinking beer, eating chips and we also had our first sausage Sunday of the year which was Uber good.  I had a slider burger, steak, burnt ends, chicken and sausage. I hungout in the lot until about 1 and back at work now but need a nap. JADIP 

Grate report and WTGAI JADIP!! My favorite part was when you said Burma was firm, and also when you capitalized the U in Uber because your phone autocorrected since you probably type the car share app name frequently. It's really nice to see some quality ski content for a change after 90% trash posts this week and maybe even the week before, so let me contribute also:

I arrived at Blue Mountain the True Mountain around 1030 and sunny skys. It was nice catching up with everyone especially NMSki, he is a really funny and swell guy and asked me if I'm going to Jackson Hole. Afterwards I made my way to the Quad chairlift and skied on Trail Coming Soon twice, then Tuts Lane to Connector to Vista to Upper Burma to Lower Burma past the ghosts of the Main Chair/Burma lifts and then Homestretch. It was sick. Then I skied Trail Coming Soon a few more times as it was amazingly good... Mid winter quality good as the sun softened up all the powder. Plus there was no one on it and it's nice and wide. Soooo much better than opening with Midway, I hope they continue to open with Trail Coming Soon every year. The only part that sucked was lower Paradise as it was basically a mine field dodging numerous gapers and Uber choppy perder. They should make a new trail off to the right or something and around the snowmaking retention pond so it eventually connects to the Quad, so we don't have to dodge gapers anymore. I haven't checked a map and don't know if it's physically possible but I'm sure they can figure it out. After caught up with Grilled Steeze, Matt Edge and PSU Fly and we discussed dating and how being a pilot is basically like being a chick magnet. Also Enjoralas was finishing teaching his youngsters how to shred. Overall a great terrific second day at Blue Mountain the True Mountain JADIP WTGAI TFTI 

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Grate report and WTGAI JADIP!! My favorite part was when you said Burma was firm, and also when you capitalized the U in Uber because your phone autocorrected since you probably type the car share app name frequently. It's really nice to see some quality ski content for a change after 90% trash posts this week and maybe even the week before, so let me contribute also:

I arrived at Blue Mountain the True Mountain around 1030 and sunny skys. It was nice catching up with everyone especially NMSki, he is a really funny and swell guy and asked me if I'm going to Jackson Hole. Afterwards I made my way to the Quad chairlift and skied on Trail Coming Soon twice, then Tuts Lane to Connector to Vista to Upper Burma to Lower Burma past the ghosts of the Main Chair/Burma lifts and then Homestretch. It was sick. Then I skied Trail Coming Soon a few more times as it was amazingly good... Mid winter quality good as the sun softened up all the powder. Plus there was no one on it and it's nice and wide. Soooo much better than opening with Midway, I hope they continue to open with Trail Coming Soon every year. The only part that sucked was lower Paradise as it was basically a mine field dodging numerous gapers and Uber choppy perder. They should make a new trail off to the right or something and around the snowmaking retention pond so it eventually connects to the Quad, so we don't have to dodge gapers anymore. I haven't checked a map and don't know if it's physically possible but I'm sure they can figure it out. After caught up with Grilled Steeze, Matt Edge and PSU Fly and we discussed dating and how being a pilot is basically like being a chick magnet. Also Enjoralas was finishing teaching his youngsters how to shred. Overall a great terrific second day at Blue Mountain the True Mountain JADIP WTGAI TFTI 

Nice report and very nice shoutout to NMSki.  

• Thanks 1

Had something to do in the AM so didnt get on snow w/ kids & wife until after 1.   Burma / Paradise were as mentioned very sloppy and annoyingly crowded at parts.  Coming soon was still nice though and we lapped that 3X.   Lift line started getting long with people still coming in when we left around 4.    Happy to get a day in this early - Blue did good to get open with the limited snomaking temps they had to work with.  They are blowing now hope they push it hard this week and open some more terrain.       

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday was lots of fun sking the same 3 trails with the usual suspects, and some of the usual crew that made yesterday thier first day.  Excellent selection of trunk beers.   Parking lot buffet was off the charts.  i think i ate half of the pork belly.  

The stretch of paradise after coming soon was so interesting by 9:15.  Reminescent of lower main on early season days.  

I think this weekend will be a little rinse and repeat, but thats cool with me.  

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Didn’t get there until around 10. I think you all were already in the parking lot. Took 9 runs and called it a day. Snow got sugary with scattered boilerplate. Place got crowded, saw folks buying tickets, both bars busy, folks buying food, so hopefully they are making money. 

Did the snow soften up for you.  I always get into arguments with people about how the snow doesn’t soften when it’s 40 degrees this time of year. Nice on people buying tickets…earlier it’s was 99% season pass holders.