12/15 blue mountain 8 inches

theprogram4

Woke up at 5:30 to the sound of sleet and looked out the window to see a nice coating of sleet everywhere.  First 15 mins of drive was pretty spicy, then rain til mid county, then no precipitation til blue.  I believe first civilian run down coming soon and it was pretty smooth and chalky, probably the best conditions I’ve had this season.  Paradise was similar and from the looks of it there will prob be a lazy Mile opening soon.  Smallest crowds of the season I’ve seen. Snowed lightly while I rode from 9-11:30 but started snowing pretty good by the time I pulled out of the lot.  Drive up the mountain was spicy as I need new tires, but as soon as I hit Appalachian trail the roads were clear with little precipitation.  Snowed from Whitehall to the turnpike and then all rain.

also, unless this storm is supposed to pick up something serious later, 8 inches seems absurd lol.

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Me and AtomicJeff agreed we’d rather have one person paying $60 than two people paying $30.  Prices go up to $79 12/23.  I’m sure it will top $100 over the Xmas holiday.  

With 2 people paying $30, you have double the opportunity to sell them high margin beer and food and double the rentals.

As for the season pass holders, definitely better off having one person paying $60 to keep the crowds down.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, indiggio said:

With 2 people paying $30, you have double the opportunity to sell them high margin beer and food and double the rentals.

As for the season pass holders, definitely better off having one person paying $60 to keep the crowds down.

Yeah but was thinking more in terms of less people on the slopes.  The BBS’s on weekday mornings are generally pretty easy to pass.  They ski predictably. Race kids will be back this weekend I wonder where they’ll train. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah but was thinking more in terms of less people on the slopes.  The BBS’s on weekday mornings are generally pretty easy to pass.  They ski predictably. Race kids will be back this weekend I wonder where they’ll train. 

If they open Lazy, BMR will take it over.

32 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Forgot to mention yesterday was a pre-2019 weekday morning, where from 9-11 you just ride onto the lift with zero lines.  Things changed in 2019, then in 2020 Covid destroyed weekday mornings as we had known them 

That’s how it was last friday, Monday and Wednesday this week.  Fantastic stuff.  The Covid season with the limited lift capacity there were often full lift line corrals very early into the morning session on weekdays.  The only positive two seasons ago was that 22 was wide open on the drive up and now it’s slow traffic but still only adds a few minutes.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Forgot to mention yesterday was a pre-2019 weekday morning, where from 9-11 you just ride onto the lift with zero lines.  Things changed in 2019, then in 2020 Covid destroyed weekday mornings as we had known them 

I knew you'd ride this storm, when I was thinking about it I was like tp4 will be there for sure.......

No kids with their parents, the old heads are still there, we are, the diehard snow board dudes but the one group missing this year weekday mornings is no school age kids or their parents. In my daughter's school there are very few kids that are remote only so maybe that's it but so far even later in the morning it's empty. 

• Like 2