12/29..sunny…variable conditions.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot at 7:17am and it was 24 degrees under sunny sky’s with a light to moderate south wind.  In the house were JFDan, BenM, Bethlehem Ford crew and even Jack was in the house..one of the many Blue pass holders with a molester van. 

Second civilian quad as the full face helmet dark Vader dude was determined for first chair.  First up on Coming soon was pretty decent and lower paradise was good although a little area of zero visibility.  Paradise had the best conditions again…Lazy mile was variable..not that bad but some mini chickenheads.   Widowmaker still chunky…midway was ok but a little firm and lower Main Street was good.  

Razors edge and Razorback are now open.  Initially I didn’t even want to ski it as it looked like cookies on the head wall but riding the quad the lower 2/3 looked decent.  Well looks can be deceiving and all of razors as JFDan described as hilarious.  One and done on that.   Crowds were similar to yesterday, maybe even a little more as a ton of people spilled in mid morning. Ended up skiing ten runs by 930 then hungout in the lot and drank some beer. They even had the parking lot attendants out.   All in all a fun session but not quite as nice snow as yesterday probably due to yesterday afternoons warmth.  

68C4B8F5-453B-4BD6-8138-5844B76F6061.jpeg

A6BC9878-83DF-4082-AFC7-9F7C372063DB.jpeg

5AD97870-AAE2-4EED-B757-FA5D1449A32E.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I ran Razors twice....First thing and then maybe an hour later....It was pretty bad..Full on Chips Ahoy...But at least a consistent size cookie...I thought everything else was pretty good .....Some park stuff in...The lower sides of the last jump almost caught me out..Really steep down side....Still enjoying Midway/Chute/Lower Main...Conservative side of TCS was fun.....Good time on the snow this morning...

20221229_081905.jpg

20221229_090310.jpg

20221229_091522.jpg

• Like 8

Very first run down Razors & Razorback wasn't bad at all, but knew full well that the mm or so grooming hid an explosion of cookies.

Ran it about an hour or so later and sure enough, it was downright horrible.  No wonder there wasn't any BMR people on it.

Rode the 6 pack around 11 and it stopped for a good 15 minutes for no apparent reason.

Took a ride up the Vista and passed the new chair landing and chatted with an electrician pulling wire for the idiot rod.
He had no idea when it was going to open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Very first run down Razors & Razorback wasn't bad at all, but knew full well that the mm or so grooming hid an explosion of cookies.

He had no idea when it was going to open.

I thought first run might not be bad, but the odds were definitely against it being good.  We opted for the safe bet, which was coming soon, which has always been good first.  

So yeah, on our second ride up the quad, maybe 5 runs in or so, we were looking at Razors like "actually it doesnt look that bad".  So deceiving.  i knew the first headwall was gonna be bad, but what the fuck, like baseball sized cookies. imagine Boulder Field at Hickory run turned on its end bad. i laughed the entire  ride down it was so fucking bad, and it still didnt ski good even where it looked like it would further down the slope.  Why on earth we saw people making multiple passes on that garbage, i have no idea what they were thinking.  I guess it was the "gotta ski the steepest stuff even though its pure shit" crowd.  Jesus.....go ski where the snow is good.  

But, other than that, everything else was good to decent.  lower main skiers left was really nice.  Another good day, sans Razors.  

My guess tomorrows Razors is brutally firm.  We shall see.  

Blue Mt has no idea when the lift is going to open, so why would the guy working on it?.....lol.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow just wow what was the first thought?

I was dyin to ski Razors Edge and Razorback which was my first thought but since JFDan says there are baseball size ice balls on it I don't want to ski Razors Edge now. I'll wait until the baseball size balls turn into only golf ball sized balls 

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I was dyin to ski Razors Edge and Razorback which was my first thought but since JFDan says there are baseball size ice balls on it I don't want to ski Razors Edge now. I'll wait until the baseball size balls turn into only golf ball sized balls 

If only I had a dollar for everytime the word ball was mentioned I could buy some cheese balls 

• Boner City 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If only I had a dollar for everytime the word ball was mentioned I could buy some cheese balls 

Have you ever tried chocolate salty balls? Those balls are the best balls, though I just read that Knoebels is eliminating it's ball crawl. I remember good times playing in those balls.

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Have you ever tried chocolate salty balls? Those balls are the best balls, though I just read that Knoebels is eliminating it's ball crawl. I remember good times playing in those balls.

I sure have..the perfect blend of sweet and savory with a bit of cream. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

I just like that Darth Vader showed and was first chair on opening razors day

I like that if he was trying so desperately to get first tracks on Razors from the quad, it stopped and we on the 6 beat him to it. 🤣

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1