Crazy prices

Jersey Tomato

$123 for a lift ticket now? Damn.  I used to be able to get a 4 hour weekday pass for 30 & change but now Blue wants a kings ransom. I really like *Blue Mountain the true mountain* but this is nutz. I don't ski Blue enough to justify a season pass so any tips on how to save on a daily pass would be appreciated.....

Edited by Jersey Tomato
  • Boner City 1

30 minutes ago, Jersey Tomato said:

$123 for a lift ticket now? Damn.  I used to be able to get a 4 hour weekday pass for 30 & change but now Blue wants a kings ransom. I really like *Blue Mountain the true mountain* but this is nutz. I don't ski Blue enough to justify a season pass so any tips on how to save on a daily pass would be appreciated.....

Buy it as early as possible. They throttle the price up as it gets closer to the date.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

Yikes!

Were they crowded this holiday week?

Tough business to be in, so prices have to rise.  But That's a tough pill to swallow - even thoughi 's easily the best mountain in the area.

Yes plenty of crowds and weekday non holiday pricing is under $100 for 8 hours. 

33 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Here are the prices for this week.  Act fast before saturdays price rise to $119..should be nice brown sugar. 

4C7DF45A-9A11-4EB7-B83A-D175592852A7.png

Wao what a great deal! @Jersey TomatoBetter jump on this, $118 to ski the brown perder on Saturday is a once in a lifetime opportunity you shouldn't pass up!

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Now they’re charging $125 for Saturday.  Maybe they should factor conditions and demand into their dynamic pricing. 

Gee whiz I remember back in my day I paid less than $100 to ski Blue Mountain on a Saturday. I hope they raise it higher so they don't leave money on the table this weekend since the snow conditions are going to be stellar and magnifico 

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Did they clean the trail of trash under the lifts yet? Imagine paying $125 to see a disgusting litter strewn mountain. It's embarrassing.

Nope and no garbage cans under the lifts.  It’s embarrassing. Under the quad there’s thousands of empty cans, bottles and other trash.  Blue has what, a couple hundred employees, send a few up and down the liftlines with garbage bags.  

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Did they clean the trail of trash under the lifts yet? Imagine paying $125 to see a disgusting litter strewn mountain. It's embarrassing.

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nope and no garbage cans under the lifts.  It’s embarrassing. Under the quad there’s thousands of empty cans, bottles and other trash.  Blue has what, a couple hundred employees, send a few up and down the liftlines with garbage bags.  

Last week i rode the lift with some loud British woman with her freind, and overheard her say it was disgusting and it really made me think that it is pretty sad that we (as patrons of Blue) just assume its ok to do, and that someone else will clean it up.  Thats kinda fucked up.  i dont get how people are able to carry the beers full in thier pockets, but once they are empty they can no longer carry them. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Last week i rode the lift with some loud British woman with her freind, and overheard her say it was disgusting and it really made me think that it is pretty sad that we (as patrons of Blue) just assume its ok to do, and that someone else will clean it up.  Thats kinda fucked up.  i dont get how people are able to carry the beers full in thier pockets, but once they are empty they can no longer carry them. 

carry them......for an extra 3 minutes to throw it into the trash can at the top. SMH.

I still dont understand why they took the big trashcan at the top on sidewinder away.

• Like 3

Blue is stuck between a rock and a hard place with the trash. You're right, people don't care about the trash can and still drop cans everywhere but it's almost impossible to enforce a rule about people dropping cans and it's also pretty impractical to send someone, or a few people, out to clean that up multiple times per week. 

8 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

The big trash can didn't really help. It was still there. It's a bigger problem that blue doesn't seem to give a shit about. I'm gonna start taking pictures of it and blasting it on Twitter and Instagram. We all should 

I think the big cans helped, it at least kept the trash in a designated area.  Both blue and hundreds of patrons are to blame for the trash.  

Because my work is along a busy road, there’s trash almost daily in the yard.  I could just leave it and let it pile up since it wasn’t my fault but it makes us look bad.  It’s usually like fast food bags and lottery scratch off tickets.  The worst is when there’s used masks.  

• Like 2

in Monroe county lack of municipal trash pickup and weekend houses has always led to trash bags thrown out the window going back to front plater states. 

Watched a tiktok from a western national park ranger showing a campsite with cheap gear abandoned when they left, that she has to pack out. Says it is quite common. 

Abandoning of cheap charcoal grills at Beltzville is also quite common. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

in Monroe county lack of municipal trash pickup and weekend houses has always led to trash bags thrown out the window going back to front plater states. 

Watched a tiktok from a western national park ranger showing a campsite with cheap gear abandoned when they left, that she has to pack out. Says it is quite common. 

Abandoning of cheap charcoal grills at Beltzville is also quite common. 

It’s almost starting to sound like the Poconos is starting to turn ghetto lol oh wait it’s been becoming more and more ghetto my entire life.  It’s the same trash that’s moved into Allentown from NY and NJ.  While the Philly fucks are rude, rowdy and mushmouth, at least they take a little pride. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Blue is stuck between a rock and a hard place with the trash. You're right, people don't care about the trash can and still drop cans everywhere but it's almost impossible to enforce a rule about people dropping cans and it's also pretty impractical to send someone, or a few people, out to clean that up multiple times per week. 

Without snow it doesn't seem too impractical. We've seen them pick up trash before and looked like it took under 2 hours to clear a lift. I'm guessing with hard pack or ice it might be a different story.

• Like 1