Crazy prices

Jersey Tomato

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Easier for the government to monitor.

That’s why I am not a fan. The $600 thing is bullshit too. When my friends pay me back thru Venmo for trips, am I going to have to justify it?  Just annoying. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Barb said:

That’s why I am not a fan. The $600 thing is bullshit too. When my friends pay me back thru Venmo for trips, am I going to have to justify it?  Just annoying. 

Exactly!  That's why the government abhors decentralized currencies and cash, because they have no control over it and can't track its whereabouts.  Wouldn't surprise me in the least that the government propped up FTX only to have it collapse in a major way, just to help the demise of crypto and/or call for backdoors to track/regulate it.   Just read through the Twitter papers to see just how much reach/influence the government really has over social media and mainstream media.  They spin stuff to make it sound like it's good for the people so they accept it, but what they doing is really for nefarious reasons.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 7:48 PM, AirheadD8 said:

Or shut off your money like Canada did with the truckers protest. 

I hit Plattekill on storm Riley. Their CC system was down and all the other Catskills areas were out of power If you didn’t have cash you were “Denied “ to quote Suzee Orman . It was painful watching people turn away from 45” snowfall. 

93FAA470-1DB1-4BF9-A09E-E8B7B2721F75.jpeg

I was there.  Incredible day.

Somehow me and my buddy both had cash.

Also incredible, we almost decided to ski Belleayre that morning because it was closer to our hotel, but then we said 'nah....platty is better...' thank god we did.  Everyone else lost power....

Ski on all day in nearly 4' of snow.

Second night hotel called to tell us they had no power, so they put us up in the Roxbury, which is such a trip!

Following day, crowd was pretty big, and the snow set up thick.  But what a storm....

• Like 1