1/13 - Country Club Skiing

Dirtwolf

Arrived around 7:20 to somewhat heavy rain and fog about halfway down the mountain.  Pleasantly surprised that the rain stopped and fog lifted just before 8.  In the house were AtomicJeff, boomers, and maybe a few others for the whole mountain.  Place was literally empty.  Also, Bethlehem ford guy is famous now too.  

Snow was as expected.  Not bad but not great with some interesting grooming in spots a few more shit stains compared to the past few days.  Razors headwall was rutted up and seemed almost like the groomer was sinking in with how soft the snow is/was. After the headwall though it was nice and smooth.  Main street and come around were closed.  Patroller said that they are closed for load testing of the new lift and should be opening sometime later this afternoon.  Due to the closures, ended up doing a run down burma which is silly because it puts you also under the lift...  Lapped a few more on razors and pdiz then headed out alittle after 9.  With the terrain open and current snow depth in some places this weekend is going to be interesting.

blue 1.13.jpg

blue 1.13_1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, antman12 said:

I was wondering if they did any barrel weight tests. Surprised they waited till the literally last day to make a test run. 

i was gonna say, boy they sure are putting a lot of faith in having the ribbon cutting ceremony, a raffle for first chair, Johnny Law giving the opening comments, and the Christening of the lift with some of Mute's beer, on Saturday.  Imagine if this goes horribly wrong?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

"we actually have more terrain open this year for the holiday weekend than last year"

Calling-bullshit GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I Call Bullshit GIFs | Tenor

I Smell Bullshit GIFs | Tenor

Did i misunderstand what Ashley said?

I think they were talking about the Xmas holiday.  I’ll have to go back to the archives but with razors and coming soon might be correct.  I watched again and she said holiday week so I think she’s referring to this years Xmas week vs last years. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich