1/15…sunny Sunday.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. Everybody was in the house today except for Salty, Zonked, PARidge, ZZSlope and Phillycore.  It was in the mid 20s under mostly sunny sky’s and the snowmaking cannons were blasting on nightmare to dreamweaver, coming soon, little gap, yeti and a few random areas.  Apparently razors was bad to start so I began on paradise.  

Upper Main Street was good and lower was less brown than yesterday.  After a few runs the super summit safari six pack was open and I finally got to ride it and what a ride…I still have a half Chubb which is like a 1/4 boner.  It was rad skiing Widowmaker from the peak and upper upper Main Street..but with the new lift that area is way way busier as expected.  The third time I went to the summit safari it was stopped for a bit so went back to the six pack and skied paradise and ended with fresh cord on coming soon to Barney’s bumps to upper Main Street to lower Main Street to shuttle to Central Park which had gates set up for me to practice.   

I thought I’d have a quick beer and peace out this AM as it was cold in the lot..famous last words as I hungout until 1.  JADIP

9624D719-868B-42CC-82BA-797E582F68FE.jpeg

AF36456B-7BB7-43EC-8A8A-BD9BA57FEFDC.jpeg

623CB87F-03E0-4EAF-88E1-B46C17D64A18.gif

• Like 8
  • Boner City 1

Today was considerably better than yesterday but that's an awfully low bar. Riding the new lift was dope to see the same old hill from new perspectives. I'm not a fan at all of how many people it puts on main, particularly if it fucks switch. 

Most excellent to hang in the lot with some sun, no matter the snow shooting the shit delivers. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

Today was considerably better than yesterday but that's an awfully low bar. Riding the new lift was dope to see the same old hill from new perspectives. I'm not a fan at all of how many people it puts on main, particularly if it fucks switch. 

Most excellent to hang in the lot with some sun, no matter the snow shooting the shit delivers. 

• Love 1
  • Confused 1

Conditions were indeed better but still kinda meh....but so far mother nature isn't playing nice this year....Raceway/Midway/Lower Main was OK...and surfing the sugar piles on Lower Paradise was a hoot...New lift is nice but as was said it dumps a lot of people on Main and Shuttle can get crowded with everybody having to go to the valley.....and every weekend there seems to be a new race group doing training somewhere..but despite everything it's tough to beat a not to cold sunny morning on the snow....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

As @Benm is trying to point out, this mornings music was baller. 
Echo what everybody else said. Way better than yesterday, sss6s is cool, main street was popular, and the comments from those that skied razors were funny. 
last run down main at 9:30 or whatever was still decent imo. Lower was soooo much better than yesterday.  They must have put some stickum in the snow the blew on it last night. Its my guess they will keep making snow on nmdw and freeballing till tomorrow morning, since, again, that will be it for snowmaking for a few days. So maybe open wed, and then decent by the weekend. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

@Benm and the comments from those that skied razors were funny. 

I forgot about razors, it looked bad from the lift but it was even worse than I imagined. It was so hilariously uneven about half way down I can hear indiggio dying laughing behind me. It was mad cobble stone skiing 

• Haha 4

The new lift was fun, minus the stop and start for a good chunk of time time we were over school hill. My favorite run though yesterday was widow maker (curzis?) to chute... I honestly don't think I rode either of those two last year, but its nice having easy access now. 

• Like 3