1/18…spring snow.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a quick morning session at Blue mountain. A very slow drive with 22 backed up and I arrived at the lower lot at 8;37am and it was 44 degrees under mostly cloudy sky’s.  I’m the house we’re atomic Jeff, Oz, C1 and all of Bethlehem fords crew.  

First run on a very smooth and semi firm razors…was very nice and repeated that.  Then up the super summit safari six back and skied Main Street which was softer cord than razors on the top and full on spring snow on the lower part and a bit slow. Widowmaker was closed for racing from the top with Marty setting gates so next run skied upper come around to connector to lower Widowmaker to midway to lower Main Street.  Was decent.  Then did another Main Street from the top and finished with Razors which was still real nice and they were setting up gates on Razorback for the special Olympics.  

All in all a fun AM session.  I think tomorrow will be a rainout and I’ll either be back Friday AM or Saturday AM.  

4306A5D0-A89F-454D-9845-D1D209959830.jpeg

681EB944-0EA4-49BB-8087-4F616B358B89.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, antman12 said:

$15 for a basic cafeteria chicken sammich?! Sheesh. 

I haven’t ventured into the cafeteria in years I think the last time was because we ran out of OJ for mimosas.  That’s insane though..might as well just hit up chic fil A on the way home or change that sheesh to Sheetz and you’ll get some change back but gosh $15 for a chicken patty or even chicken breast on a roll nope 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I haven’t ventured into the cafeteria in years I think the last time was because we ran out of OJ for mimosas.  That’s insane though..might as well just hit up chic fil A on the way home or change that sheesh to Sheetz and you’ll get some change back but gosh $15 for a chicken patty or even chicken breast on a roll nope 

On Sunday after my walk I needed to do some business so I toured the snowtubing area and found they have a lot more bathroom stalls over there. I think the ski area only has 3 private stalls but snowtubing had like 6. That was so rad. It's worth the extra walk but someone still sat next to me so I was triggered

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I talked to some workers who said alot of the food is the same price in the valley as at slopeside so if your going to get food might as well eat there were it's nice

Years ago I had lunch at beaver creek and got a sandwich, gatorade and I think I bought a candy bar and like a nimrod from Iowa or somewhere I whipped out a $20 before the cashier gave me my total.  It was like $35 or something.  Good view though..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

On Sunday after my walk I needed to do some business so I toured the snowtubing area and found they have a lot more bathroom stalls over there. I think the ski area only has 3 private stalls but snowtubing had like 6. That was so rad. It's worth the extra walk but someone still sat next to me so I was triggered

That reminds me of when I had to do the Tennessee trot in college I usually went to the third floor of the library…I did some good studying in that private bathroom.  Had a door that locked so nobody playing footsies with you in the next stall like a NJ turnpike rest stop bathroom.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

$20 before the cashier gave me my total.  It was like $35 or something.  Good view though..

The scenery or the cashier?

If I get cheap or free ticket somewhere I’ll spend $ on insanely priced food. Although my wife was bitching about $38.00 for water and mac and cheese for her and my son at Az snowbowl. I did get rentals and a lift ticket for $49.00 in November so it balanced a bit. 

8 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

The scenery or the cashier?

If I get cheap or free ticket somewhere I’ll spend $ on insanely priced food. Although my wife was bitching about $38.00 for water and mac and cheese for her and my son at Az snowbowl. I did get rentals and a lift ticket for $49.00 in November so it balanced a bit. 

Yeah the balancing act…I know somebody who was just at the reading royals with his family and the ticket price included a hot dog and a soda.  At ABasin they sell a lift ticket that includes a voucher for a Bloody Mary and it’s only like $2 more and they charge $9 for it.  The problem is I want to follow that up with a beer or two then have a soft pretzel and give a nice tip so it’s never just $2. 

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah the balancing act…I know somebody who was just at the reading royals with his family and the ticket price included a hot dog and a soda.  At ABasin they sell a lift ticket that includes a voucher for a Bloody Mary and it’s only like $2 more and they charge $9 for it.  The problem is I want to follow that up with a beer or two then have a soft pretzel and give a nice tip so it’s never just $2. 

There are more people riding Pali than at the Royals, every time I'm there it's empty empty so they are going the FL Panthers route......many moons ago you could get a .50$ ticket and the one with the meal pack was under $20, my sister would go all the time just to eat

Last night was my favorite kind of night sesh with soft spring snow everywhere and relatively light crowds.  Arrived around 6 and was the last to get on summit safari lift at close back up to the top lot.  Lapped coming soon ditch pretty much the whole time with a few sends off upper upper mixed in here and there.    

Forgot to add that on one ride up the quad, heard the unmistakable sound of a car accident.  Turns out someone didn't look pulling out of bottom lot and got slammed by someone driving down Blue Mountain Rd.  I think the wooden fence across the street from the entrance may have some damage.

Edited by Dirtwolf
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1