1/22/23...grate day…variable conditions.

saltyant

Hey all,

Back from a fun session at True Mountain the Blue Mountain. In the house were AtomicSkier, BenM, DirtyWolf, Enjolras, JohnnyLaw, JFDan, Matt Edgerton, Mixilplix, Mute, Nastar Glen, Ryan, Poohbear, Pops, PSUFly, TP4, and many many many others. First run down The Trail Coming Soon was sick, but the bottom of P-Diz was showing early signs of becoming a sugary wasteland. Second run down NMDW was the worst run I've done this season. After 2 runs hiked the tower hill which was infinitely better than skiing today and hung out in the parking lot. JADIP WTGAI

IMG_20230122_090152941.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Today had lots of sugar but there is none to coat conditions. Shit is bad and that snow is mostly rotten ice pellets. Midway to lower main wasn't too bad but ROTD is whatever took you back to the lot. 

I always love skiing and will keep showing up no matter conditions but imagine your just a normal pleeb who pays for that and then just goes home. Absolute worst case the skiing sucks but I drink dank beers and laugh my ass off.

I do hope winter makes a return post haste, I'm getting quite antsy in the pantsy but the pasr crew redeemed an otherwise shit fuck snow kinda weekend. 

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

Today had lots of sugar but there is none to coat conditions. Shit is bad and that snow is mostly rotten ice pellets. Midway to lower main wasn't too bad but ROTD is whatever took you back to the lot. 

I always love skiing and will keep showing up no matter conditions but imagine your just a normal pleeb who pays for that and then just goes home. Absolute worst case the skiing sucks but I drink dank beers and laugh my ass off.

I do hope winter makes a return post haste, I'm getting quite antsy in the pantsy but the pasr crew redeemed an otherwise shit fuck snow kinda weekend. 

I just saw a snowflake. 

We rolled the dice on Nightweaver, so lined up at the quad first thing, hoping to get something worthwhile and it paid off as we had experienced some of the best man-made snow Blue had, groomed to near perfection.  It was so good we decided to double-dip which turned out to be one time too many as by the second run it had gone to absolute total carved up shit. Oh well…

Went looking near and far for something good, but only found sugar everywhere.  

The only saving grace we found was the right-side ridge of Coming Soon.  You could go all the way to the grass, but there was a huge stone lurking underneath the thin skiff of sugar and if you weren’t aware you’d come away with some scars.  

Just another day in the sugary paradise…

Currently flurrying on the webcams and sleeting here in H-town.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, indiggio said:

We rolled the dice on Nightweaver, so lined up at the quad first thing, hoping to get something worthwhile and it paid off as we had experienced some of the best man-made snow Blue had, groomed to near perfection.  It was so good we decided to double-dip which turned out to be one time too many as by the second run it had gone to absolute total carved up shit. Oh well…

It was my second run too and wow, that suuuuuucked! 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I wasn't there obviously but damn. This is really getting depressing. 

Be happy we have a ski season. I’ve said it before one of these winters we likely won’t have local skiing.  If not for the two cold spells in November and December that would be the case this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Be happy we have a ski season. I’ve said it before one of these winters we likely won’t have local skiing.  If not for the two cold spells in November and December that would be the case this season. 

There's always local skiing inside the shopping mart in Jersey. Maybe next January that'll be the PASR weekend hangout. I wonder if they have a paved parking lot for Enjorlas's grill??

Edited by saltyant

22 minutes ago, indiggio said:

The other saving grace for the day was riding the quad overtop the college racers and checking out the Columbia judge in her white pants at the bottom of Razors as well as all the fit female racers in their airbrushed-on ski tights! 

Boner city…they might be 40 years younger than you but still legal 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

Went looking near and far for something good, but only found sugar everywhere.  

The only saving grace we found was the right-side ridge of Coming Soon.  You could go all the way to the grass, but there was a huge stone lurking underneath the thin skiff of sugar and if you weren’t aware you’d come away with some scars.  

Just another day in the sugary paradise…

Currently flurrying on the webcams and sleeting here in H-town.  

Quoted for truth.  First run of day on nightweaver was great, second run of day not so much lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1