Jackson hole 2023…

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They must have seen me check in because they say our flight is overweight and looking for 3 volunteers to fly Jackson to Denver to Newark as opposed to Jackson to Newark and are offering $800 flight credit.  

If I had no plans coming home, I would jump on that deal. When I'm going to my destination, however, thats another story.

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well it would mean arriving at Newark at 1130 vs around 8.  I’d consider it if they gave money not airline credit. 

You'd be earning United bucks at a rate of $229 per hour. That would be pretty rad but I assume you carpooled to Nork so it wouldn't work out.

27 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Taking off in a few.  Flight time to Newark three hours and 31 minutes.  The jet stream must be really strong.  

Safe travels...hope your flight goes as great as your trip did. I couldn't believe my flight from Phoenix a few weeks ago was 3hrs 45min. That was a record.

• Like 1

Good: That NazarethJay surprised us

Bad: That NazarethJay is always late for supper and being picked up for skiing…

Ugly: Skid marks on the side of my toilet…I don’t poop good in Jackson hole…only had two decent logs the rest were straight mud maybe cause I didn’t eat any veggies for a week.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Good:  Had one of those rooms at the 49er that has both an interior and exterior entrance which is convenient for loading ski gear into the car. 

Bad:  I typically shower before dinner and most days there was barely any hot water cause that’s when everybody showers.  Key card also didn’t work after 7 nights even though I was staying for 8 nights.  That’s always the case.   

Ugly: The recliner in the room, I did not sit in it but there’s surely lots of semen/jizz/cum/spunk/throat mayonnaise/baby batter..whatever you want to call it on it.  Id only sit in it if I had a hazmat suit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Good: 50” of new snow in 50 hours. 

Bad: delayed openings

Ugly: Almost having a massive collision cause some nimrod turned uphill into a cat track I was going downhill on…if he would have collided with me I would have gone off on him. All he said was sorry…fuck him.  

• Like 3

Good: hanging out in NMSkis massive fireplace suite that had a window sill and couch. 

Bad: him sitting on a Luggage rack the first day cause while there were plenty of towels but not enough chairs, I remedied that situation by stealing two chairs from the hallway on the floor above.  

Ugly:  two days I got over to his room

in my khakis and noticed there were boxer shorts inside my pant leg.  It’s cause after the bagel place in the AM I rip off pants and underwear and get into different underwear and ski pants and then I guess rush to get dressed when the Biergarten opens.  Weird wild stuff. 

Paint me like the French girls. 

F5575300-1334-4DFD-96BE-B80B366DFD5B.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 2

Where did I eat

Tuesday 1/24-breakfast…United lounge/airplane. Lunch…Snake River Brewery.  Dinner…Gather

Wednesday 1/25- breakfast…Pearl street bagels..Lunch…Osteria…Dinner…Snake river brewery

Thursday 1/26- breakfast..Pearl street bagels..Lunch..Mangy Moose..Dinner Hatch

Friday 1/27-breakfast…49er free breakfast..Lunch..Alpenrose..dinner..Roadhouse brewing.

Saturday 1/28-breakfast..pearl street bagel..Lunch..Mangy Moose…dinner Snake river grill

Sunday 1/29-breakfast pearl street bagels…Lunch..Snake river brewery..Dinner El Abuelito

Monday 1/30-breakfast pearl street bagels..Lunch..Mangy Moose..Dinner..Annie’s Thai kitchen. 

Tuesday 1/31-Breakfast pearl street bagel, lunch The Handlebar in the four seasons..dinner Trio

Wednesday 2/1- breakfast Bubbas BBQ..no lunch no dinner. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Good: hanging out in NMSkis massive fireplace suite that had a window sill and couch. 

Bad: him sitting on a Luggage rack the first day cause while there were plenty of towels but not enough chairs, I remedied that situation by stealing two chairs from the hallway on the floor above.  

in my khakis and noticed there were boxer shorts inside my pant leg.  It’s cause after the bagel place in the AM I rip off pants and underwear and get into different underwear and ski pants and then I guess rush to get dressed when the Biergarten opens.  Weird wild stuff. 

Saltyant. Boner city?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

I honestly feel like I should do some sort of consulting to help people optimize and maximize their Jackson hole vacation.  The dudes in the airport talking to me and atomic Jeff while we were waiting for our oversized baggage pretty much proved that point.  It won’t work though because people are way to stubborn to listen and all my perceived JH street cred was thrown out the window the other night while trying to get a round of drinks at the Million Dollar cowboy bar which led to a 13 second long crop dusting and giving the Shaggy defense to the LA chick standing next to me waiting to get served as well,”It wasn’t me”..that’s happened to me from The 610 to the 406 and nobody believes it…it always goes back to the classic default,”he who smelled it dealt it”

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 2

On 1/26/2023 at 5:40 PM, saltyant said:

Grate report!! Thanks for finally posting a food picture. That looks scrum didly umptious. What's for dinner? Are you going to wear a cowboy hat tonight at the Mangy Moose and when you ski 50 inches of perder??

Quesadillas and no. 

On 1/26/2023 at 7:37 PM, CaptDave said:

How long is the crew in town for?  I am heading out there Sunday night.

You guys are gonna get the goods! Enjoy!  I am just gonna get arctic cold next week. 🥶

CaptDave…feel free to post some updates..your screen name always reminds me of the captain Jack will get you high tonight song…

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2023 at 8:03 AM, RidgeRacer said:

im-so-happy-not-at-all-jealous.gif

You have unfinished business at Jackson hole…I’d love to ski a day there where you take an extra run while me and Atomic Jeff save us all a table at the mangy moose..don’t be mad if the nachos are gone before you arrive.  Can always order more.  Jackson hole is still there.  I’m on that Eddie money shit reminiscing about every trip to Jackson hole.  And I wanna go Back…I’m leaving it there.  Time for bed…thanks for reading…peace. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

But did you sit on the couch?

Good: Breakfasts…all of them..bagel place breakfast sangs..thick cut bacon..average of three slices even two is good with thick bacon and a fried egg and cheddar cheese on an everything bagel. A few days I didn’t want the grease and got cheddar cheese and tomato on a poppy seed bagel to change it up.  Even had a banana from the free breakfast one day a day later cause it was not quite ready.  Radical. 

Free breakfast hectic and legit..I like that they have salsa and can switch it up and have some apple juice or cafe au lait  Also they have bacon it’s thin but can take as much as you want  Also nutri grain bars you can take for later.  Not my fave but you can’t always have a huckleberry jelly sandwich or you actually can   

• Like 1