Wed. 1/25

C1erArt

Holding down the fort while people fly off to have fun somewhere else. Fairly light crowd today, no lift lines and slopes weren’t too crowded. Upper parts of the slopes were in pretty good shape, but pretty much all the lower parts had heavy sugar snow develop, especially lower Main, lower paradise (both have some very sketchy  cover areas), and homestretch. Razors was a lot smoother than yesterday. Lazy was pretty nice, with sugar snow piles starting to develop after the turn. Even Falls was starting to get fluffed up. 

First flakes  started about 1130, snowing pretty heavy now. 

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 5

• C1erArt changed the title to Wed. 1/25
2 hours ago, C1erArt said:

Holding down the fort while people fly off to have fun somewhere else. Fairly light crowd today, no lift lines and slopes weren’t too crowded. Upper parts of the slopes were in pretty good shape, but pretty much all the lower parts had heavy sugar snow develop, especially lower Main, lower paradise (both have some very sketchy  cover areas), and homestretch. Razors was a lot smoother than yesterday. Lazy was pretty nice, with sugar snow piles starting to develop after the turn. Even Falls was starting to get fluffed up. 

First flakes  started about 1130, snowing pretty heavy now. 

I was there for opening bell today.  First run was down CS(FF) and it was was good until you reached Paradise and things were surgary right off the bat. I then did two runs down Razors and they were fantastic with smooth nice snow everywhere.  

The rest of the mountain, including Main St, Lazy, WM were less good with sugar on tht bottom half everywhere and cover getting thin on Main through the stained area. 

I kept coming back to CS and Razors as they continued to be better than the rest of the mountain even though they did deteriorate throughout the morning.  I left shortly after the snow started to fall.  All in all a very nice morning even though the snow started later than initially stated 

• Like 2