Friday 1/27

C1erArt

Got in to the lot about 830, strange not seeing anyone in the ski and ride parking area. Did some runs on razors, nightmare, freefall. All in good shape although freefall was a little mixed with scraped off areas and snow piles.  And then over to Main Street and Curzi’s cabin. Conditions were pretty good, not great, with brown spots and soft snow building up in the usual spots by the time I left at 11. The upper slopes in general didn’t get to cut up, and razors was a tossup with Nightmare for the run of the day. Upper main street was pretty empty the times I ran it, about the only place you could do once wide turns.  The lift lines were pretty short, but you had to fight your way through the crowd at the bottom of the new lift to get to the gates. 

They closed the crossover coming from Main St. to homestretch, so the run out down to the new lift got pretty busy. I think they were running some park stuff there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Razors was rotd. NM/DW close second. Main St was much improved from Tuesday. Lazy, paradise, homestretch and trails end got sugary from a good amount of traffic. Curzies (Widow maker, Raceway, whatever) to midway was good as well. The chute had several top to bottom groomer ditches on it. I agree with C1erArt, the entrance area to the new six gets rather spicey. Had conversation with Rodney, Slim and some of their crew, enjoyed that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1