January 29th...gonna be busy

RidgeRacer

Just back from another strange day at blue. First run on upper main was really nice but that didn't last long. More of the same today. Cookies divots, sugar etc. Maybe a tad better than yesterday overall. NMDW and lower main, lower paradise became vast fields of sugar. The legs were wrecked by 9:30. Highlight of the day however were the warm and delicious lift hot dogs courtesy of chef BenM. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

After yesterday's conditions and these reports, glad I decided to drive up to Windham today instead.  Things were ok, but not great up there ... There was not much sugar l, but did have to watch out for some  of ice on the 'steeps'.  Overall, nice to at least get a change of scenery with the crappy conditions around.  

Hoping for a return of better conditions in February for Blue!

• Like 1

Everybody knew what conditions were going to be like.....If you can be one of the first people on the trail...the groomed sugar can be down right fun....Still kinda firm from the grooming...You could lay down some good trenches ......Did two good laps on NM/DW....Hopped over to TCS...Pretty firm snow there...Back over to NM/DW and it was beat..Mostly lapped TCS...Lower Paradise was shit except if you stuck to skiers R by the trees there was a sorta kinda smooth path....Hopefully they can blow most of this week with the temps...This shit has just got to be buried and morph into base material..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

I thought today was better snow wise and I had alot more fun that yesterday. NMDW was a good minefield and upper main was good.  

Truthfully it was probably the hot dogs though.  I'm always hungry on the lift and imagine my delight when BenM revealed delicious hot hot dogs mid lift ride. One was a dream but to get back on the lift and get another is next level. 

I've become a lift dog evangelist, it may be the perfect lift food. 

Tell me more about the hot dogs.  Were they part of winterfest?  I’m always in JH during WF.  

41 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Tell me more about the hot dogs.  Were they part of winterfest?  I’m always in JH during WF.  

BenM woke up extra early and made hot dogs for his homies. He wrapped them up in foil to ensure that they stayed warm for us. We ate them on the lift. Took a run then ate more next ride up. It was like Popeye eating his spinach. We were able to conquer the sugar fields with ease after that.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

In a discussion about Blue Sky Basin yesterday hotdogs came up.  On the 3rd or 4th ride up BenM revealed a secret satchel of hot dogs he brought from him home.  A dozen or so individually wrapped for speed, hot, the whole works, they were a great dog and yoccos doesn't deliver to the main street express. King of kings kinda move

I have no idea about winterfest but I haven't seen any ice sculptures. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Benm said:

Basically boiled hot dogs individually wrapped with no accoutrements (thanks blue for only having the pump/cup condiments, not packets) in an insulated funny pack. 

Ngl it hit the spot tho. Would do it again. 

Pump/cup condiments are where it’s at. 

1 hour ago, Benm said:

Basically boiled hot dogs individually wrapped with no accoutrements (thanks blue for only having the pump/cup condiments, not packets) in an insulated funny pack. 

Ngl it hit the spot tho. Would do it again. 

There was a bottle of ketchup under the quad yesterday. Stupidly random, yes, but at the same time kind of on par for things you see at Blue. 

fyi, mike and i enjoyed the reese’s cookies the most. Thanks. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

I thought today was better snow wise and I had alot more fun that yesterday. NMDW was a good minefield and upper main was good.  

Truthfully it was probably the hot dogs though.  I'm always hungry on the lift and imagine my delight when BenM revealed delicious hot hot dogs mid lift ride. One was a dream but to get back on the lift and get another is next level. 

I've become a lift dog evangelist, it may be the perfect lift food. 

I’m gonna surprise you one of these days with some sort of a lift snack..imagine if I pulled out a gyro for you on the lift.  

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m gonna surprise you one of these days with some sort of a lift snack..imagine if I pulled out a gyro for you on the lift.  

So far I've been gifted a McDonald's chicken sandwich, part of a baguette, many burritos and now hot dogs. I'm not counting the usual like beef jerky or chocolate and it has to be on the lift.

I think I could eat crab legs on the red chair at magic but I still say the hot dog may be the best lift food. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

This is spot on accurate. He was so sly about it too. It was 8:45ish... I saw it and just kinda thought why's BenM wearing a fanny pack filled with aluminum foil? Never in my wildest dreams could I imagine what would come next. Johnny Law took it one further, said and I quote "yo dude...what do you got there?" ....Then came BenM's epic and unforgettable response. A response that that'll be etched into my memory banks as long as I live and breathe... "anyone wanna hotdog?"...as he held his foil wrapped trophy high in the air, grinning from ear to ear.  Frankly...It was an honor and a privilege to be apart of it.

This is such a poetic summary that I feel like I was there. Bravo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1