1/31 Sweet and low morning (sugar free)

C1erArt

Rode up the first chair with JLaw and lapped the big three on the east side until about 1030, then headed over to Main Street. All of the slopes were in pretty good shape, and the light dusting of snow made things pretty smooth. Sugar piles never really developed even on lower paradise, lower Main and Home Stretch. Skied Main Street till about noon when it was getting a little skied off up top but still carveable. 

Hopefully they will put a bunch of snow down this week to last through March. Very light crowds, The black runs were very quiet. 

• Like 5

I thought today was one of the best mornings in awhile.

Everything had a little crust but it was smooth and infinitely more together. You can get the ski to step if you gave it too much edge but grip was pretty good even with the crust.

As C1er said it was the best condition, nobody home so point and shoot from wherever you wanted. 

It's been snowing here for the last hour which has to be a good omen for things to come. 

• Like 4

Last night we got on the snow about 515, we could see the guns running for a refresh on the mountain and full blast at tubing. First run was Main Street, and it was a complete ice rink. But not just an ice rink, the special kind with sticky sticky piles of freshly blown snow. I think I had a flashback to that Saturday morning on tuts lane. We only made it three runs thanks to icy conditions and getting stuck on the quad for about 10 minutes. When Becky’s lesson was over we were outta there, couldn’t get the boots off fast enough.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Just go, I'll be up between 5 and 6 depending on traffic. Dirtwolf I think will be there and if it's terrible terrible snow we'll have even more fun grinding the spine. 

I actually forgot about parent teacher conferences tonight. I'm out. Are you fine gentlemen up tomorrow evening by any chance?

7 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

I actually forgot about parent teacher conferences tonight. I'm out. Are you fine gentlemen up tomorrow evening by any chance?

I cannot but Edge and Dirtwolf may be.

Tonight was pretty good,  there were a couple slick spots but as they were blowing lots of places most of it held some soft man-made. Right side spine on Coming Soon was the best I thought but upper main was also pretty smooth, fast and good grip.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rode this morning, didn't see anyone I knew except some old heads. They blew massive piles on tubing, come around and xing. 

First run when i get off to go NM/DW there is a patroller who stops me and strongly advises against razors which i wasnt going anyways but apparently it was a frozen bone shaker even for blue. NM/DW was good consistent winter cord. 

Main was still being groomed at 840 so while good the first run it pretty much instantly became marbles. Lazy was ok as was dis, coming soon was closed. Widow/curziRacecabin was excellent as was Le Chute. 

If they can work out a couple of glacial spots and cookies in the next groom it should be quite good. 

I also got a little gap t-shirt and am on the way to shake shack, good way to start the day. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

First run when i get off to go NM/DW there is a patroller who stops me and strongly advises against razors which i wasnt going anyways but apparently it was a frozen bone shaker even for blue.

So they "strongly advise against Razors", but at the same time open it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

First run when i get off to go NM/DW there is a patroller who stops me and strongly advises against razors which i wasnt going anyways but apparently it was a frozen bone shaker even for blue. NM/DW was good consistent winter cord.

Well, at least they said something to avoid a run like the other week!

Not surprising Razor's is in that state with upcoming races every weekend, they want it rock solid.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

So they "strongly advise against Razors", but at the same time open it?

Even better by 940 they had gates set down the left side and still kept it open.  It seemed totally random but they were blowing on it last night and some of it came out absolutely glacial in spots. 

I'd much rather they say something for sure but it just seemed a bit funny as they only were there maybe 20 mins and like Dan said if your warning everyone maybe just drop the rope at 10 after it's warmed up.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Rode this morning, didn't see anyone I knew except some old heads. They blew massive piles on tubing, come around and xing. 

Main was still being groomed at 840 so while good the first run it pretty much instantly became marbles. Lazy was ok as was dis, coming soon was closed. Widow/curziRacecabin was excellent as was Le Chute. 

If they can work out a couple of glacial spots and cookies in the next groom it should be quite good. 

I also got a little gap t-shirt and am on the way to shake shack, good way to start the day. 

Nice report..I still haven’t been to shake shack. What did you get??

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice report..I still haven’t been to shake shack. What did you get??

I'd put only maybe whataburger and in n out above the shack and that's just becuase they are open 24hrs or super super late. 

Vanilla malt, cheese fries and a double with shack sauce 

• Like 1

Hit the slopes about 10, hoping things would have softened up a little. Saw the gates on Razors but not closed (just a experts only sign which didn’t clue me in), so I gave it a try. Top headwall was ok, but where it levels out a little were large piles of massive softballs. Below the elbow and the bottom headwall were nice. I don’t see how a groomer can mess up a slope like that from yesterday. Then they closed the slope so two guys could run the gates. 
Lazy was the ROTD with Freefall and NM/DW close behind, although Main Street’s bottom section was good and the marbles on the upper part were at least a little softish. New snow on Freefall too, some slick spots on NM/DW. Curzi’s and the Chute OK with some new snow. A lot of snow being blown on the parks and tubing. Fries and Gatoraid on the lower patio, got to keep the money in-house. 

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 3