Sugarbush/ Mt Ellen

momskeeztoo

8 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Nice.  Slide brook express wasn't open when I was there last year either.  Wanted to explore Mt. Ellen a bit but we started on Lincoln Peak so it was a no go.  Enjoy!

They are working on it now. SP told us open hopefully Feb 4. It was open in 2021 when I was here. A cool ride. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, momskeeztoo said:

Thanks for the info. We were wondering how old it was. 

Actually it was new for the 95-96 ski season. That’s when ASC American ski company purchased sugarbush.  They added the gatehouse high speed quad, the super bravo high speed quad and I believe the north ridge high speed quad over at sugarbush north.  Sugarbush north which they call mount Ellen now used to be called Glen Ellen.  Sugarbush south which they now call Lincoln peak was the original sugarbush and it used to have a gondola that ran up organgrinder.  Back then it was called Mascara mountain because that’s where the rich and famous went.  

Back to Sugarbush today. Fun day. Sunny and cold. Lots of runs off Lincoln Peak. Jester was a blast, did that multiple times. Ate it on Sunrise late in the day. Looked floofy from the lift, but looks are deceiving… a sheet. Plus I was getting tired. On the fence about returning to Mt Ellen or doing Sugarbush again. Thought maybe we could see Mt Washington from the top today. 

6B552540-6C65-4A97-A5A1-F023033CD9BA.jpeg

F63E52BD-725C-4890-A1A2-8F320E9460A4.jpeg

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

We leave tomorrow. Hope my car starts! Not with Rodney’s crew. Doing a trip with my girls to Whitefish end of February and another for spring skiing at Killington end of March. 

Nice you should try to meet up with @sibhusky Whitefish is her home mountain and way to get after it!!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice you should try to meet up with @sibhusky Whitefish is her home mountain and way to get after it!!!

Sibby doesn't do mountain tours anymore. As it is, from doing that for various forum members for 15 years, I have a calendar full of returners every year all season. Several I have to duck all week because there's no WAY I'll ski with them again!  

Fortunately, there's Ambassadors who give tours twice a day for free.  

End of February is usually ideal for tons of fresh snow.  Bring your yellow or rose goggles.  

Edited by sibhusky
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 11:17 AM, momskeeztoo said:

We leave tomorrow. Hope my car starts! Not with Rodney’s crew. Doing a trip with my girls to Whitefish end of February and another for spring skiing at Killington end of March. 

I am looking forward to your report on whitefish. Sibhuskies pics and reports got me interested, then did some you tube searching, looks like a place I need to go to.

• Like 3

On 2/23/2023 at 9:37 AM, momskeeztoo said:

Will do. Leave Saturday am. Getting very excited. 

You are so lucky you didn't come sooner. Most of the lifts have been closed for days now. Wind chills around -45 to -50. It's warming up tomorrow. I skied today but that was the first time since last Thursday.

• Like 2