2/5/23..Warmer..worse snow.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot at dark O’clock and it was 21 degrees out under partly cloudy sky’s.  In the house were Johnny law, AngryHugo, Mute, Atomic Jeff, Boo Bear, MBike Bike, Antman, BenM, Mixilplix, Dirtwolf, TP4, JFDan, Becky Boo and many others.  

First run on nightmare for dreamweaver was nice smooth cord, second run a lot of the pig under the lipstick on nightmare ro dreamweaver was showing.  Main Street was variable and slick and choppy, Lazy mile wasn’t that good and the top 2/3 of lazy was decent.  I skied the famous left side ditch on Coming soon and it was decent and chalky..the run was good..very playful.  I even skied a burma run and Yeti still had some fresh cord at 915am.  It was busy but no real lift lines early…

The temperatures rose into the 40s which made for a nice parking lot with beer and plenty of snacks.  Snowmaking was taking place on challenge, switchback, Tubing and they were stockpiling snow on the learning hill next to the quad.  

All in all a decent session. I’ll prob be back around Tuesday AM

BF3C4E72-D228-4799-AB37-F086DB683F17.jpeg

• Like 8

Seem to have ample snow in Challenge, much bigger whales on upper headwall.

Discussions surrounded whether they’ll push out the mounds before the r@$n Thursday.   Hopefully when they do push them they don’t go real wide with it and keep it as deep as possible, as it’s going to spread out on its own.

Looked like there was a gun not blowing mid-Switch that left a gap in the mounds, but they should have enough made to cover it pretty well.

• Thanks 1

Early runs down TCS and NM/DW were super fun...Lazy and Main were meh...Paradise had some OK stuff along the trees...Racers made the quad line stretch early...Riding single made it easy to work the line though...Nice morning to make some good turns.....

@Johnny Law interesting take on the Element https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqp86DJK0FY&t=629s

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

Early runs down TCS and NM/DW were super fun...Lazy and Main were meh...Paradise had some OK stuff along the trees...Racers made the quad line stretch early...Riding single made it easy to work the line though...Nice morning to make some good turns.....

@Johnny Law interesting take on the Element https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqp86DJK0FY&t=629s

That is incredible ! Spot on for the most part and I love his deep psychological inferences. I don't know if gym bros is accurate though as while I see some young people driving one it seems most popular with the older crowd. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

That is incredible ! Spot on for the most part and I love his deep psychological inferences. I don't know if gym bros is accurate though as while I see some young people driving one it seems most popular with the older crowd. 

My son loved his Element until someone grabbed his catalytic converter which pretty much totaled it. 

Edited by C1erArt
  • Sad 3

27 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

JLaw, your last Element was orange, what color was your first one?  You had a Hyundai before that right?  This black element is definitely faster than your last one.  I know cause I was behind you in the McDonald’s drive thru yesterday and never caught up to you on the drive to Blue.  You must have put the hammer down or lucked out and hit more green lights. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

JLaw, your last Element was orange, what color was your first one?  You had a Hyundai before that right?  This black element is definitely faster than your last one.  I know cause I was behind you in the McDonald’s drive thru yesterday and never caught up to you on the drive to Blue.  You must have put the hammer down or lucked out and hit more green lights. 

The first one was green and was 2wd MT, I did,  a 5 speed 3 door accentsomethingorother pos that I remember climbing through the hatch to unlock the doors. 

They are all slow af compared to the wagon,  the body roll around a corner is extreme but in the morning I pretty much go as fast as possible in the reasonable sense.  It's 645am on a Sunday morning and one of the rare times you can go on MacArthur.

1 minute ago, Johnny Law said:

The first one was green and was 2wd MT, I did,  a 5 speed 3 door accentsomethingorother pos that I remember climbing through the hatch to unlock the doors. 

They are all slow af compared to the wagon,  the body roll around a corner is extreme but in the morning I pretty much go as fast as possible in the reasonable sense.  It's 645am on a Sunday morning and one of the rare times you can go on MacArthur.

A lot of out of town folks call it 145 and people who are from Allentown call MacArthur road 7th street. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

A lot of out of town folks call it 145 and people who are from Allentown call MacArthur road 7th street. 

I think the old sign was MacArthur road as that's all I can ever remember it saying....... back in the day the traffic part ended like at the dinner.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I think the old sign was MacArthur road as that's all I can ever remember it saying....... back in the day the traffic part ended like at the dinner.  

My grandparents had a house at split rock and they drove 145 and over Blue mountain to get there..there was no PA turnpike at least PASR Allentown. I’ll have to look up when they put in the tunnel but I think 1960s.  They used to stop at Nestor’s on the way to pick up ice skates.  My uncles business partners Dad owned 100s of acres on both sides of MacArthur road that eventually became the Loews, Walmart, Staples Dicks all that. 

edit: Lehigh tunnel opened in 1957…I’ll tell you train stories the next time I see you at Blue prob wednesday AM or this weekend   Because my business was founded in 1929 and was at a different location adjacent to route 22/the Lehigh valley thruway which wasn’t completed until 1954 so there was a railroad behind it.   Some of the old timers still think of tilghman street as route 22 because it used to be 22 and at one time was Hamilton street where the liberty bell belongs  

EA53A4C7-9672-446A-A4AB-3284EDB92543.png

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 3:55 PM, C1erArt said:

My son loved his Element until someone grabbed his catalytic converter which pretty much totaled it. 

That sucks. And I thought I was pretty safe in this regard having a 2007 Honda CRV. Someone was stealing catalytic converters from the parking lot where I work, they seemed to prefer Infinitys