2/8/23..beautiful morning..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Today was one of those bluebird days that make me happy my friends took me on that first ski outing so many years ago. Skied a morning session with Hyata from opening bell until noon. Some morning stiffness but everything softened into nicely carvable snow quickly. Can't complain about any of the trails while I was there. I do wish challenge and switchback were open. Bummer to see them full of snow whales but not groomed out, although it was evident that there were quite a few skiers who poached runs on switchback. Enjoyed a lift ride with root, good to see him again.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Skied from 930-430, with a couple short breaks. Probably best day this season. Snow was perfect- a little crunchy  in the am, but softened up perfectly, no sugar piles anywhere. Went back out after a quick tailgate. Snow firmed up as soon as the sun was off of it. Perfect bluebird day, did a total of 24 runs. Only trail I wasn’t happy with was Razors. 

• Like 5

It was perfect, so hard to stop skiing.i forgot to add, the bald eagle made several appearances from the nest. Last one was spectacular, as he circled low, then dove into the edge of the trees, I’m guessing he got some good eats. I have to take my binoculars over there and try to spot the nest. 

• Like 6