2/11…sunny windy…new terrain

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, Johnny Law, PARidge, Schifdawg, Mute, Enjorales, Boo Bear, BenM, Indiggio, Salty, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Mixilplix, Harold and many others.  

First run was my first run of the season on Challenge, only about 2 months late..you had to stay in your lane as there were multiple ridges, better than expected.  Next run was nightmare to dreamweaver and it was dark and fast, the first corner was slicker than the last corner.  Main Street was variable and some cookies and word was that the chute was good and Switchback had a big mother fucking booster.  

Paradise was thick sludge..not good and coming soon was alright.  Lazy mile wasn’t very good but not that crazy and Yeti had some fantastic cord.  All in all refrozen day after spring conditions but due to the lock of snow in the flatlands it wasn’t that busy.   The temperature was in the mid 30s rising into the low 40s but never felt that warm with the winds.   Ski everybody tomorrow.  

F0ABEE3F-B7B2-4373-AFD9-0B034F5348F0.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Spied a plastic bag in the snow on lower Main from the flying couch, looked like it contained a cellphone.
Skied down to find it contained someone's wallet!  I bet they were bummin' big time when they discovered it missing.
Hopefully they went in and claimed it.

I lost my wallet at Whiteface a while ago. I remember thinking oh well...looks I need to cancel credit cards, replace everything etc. Was pretty bummed. Toward the end of the day as I was getting ready to leave I was riding the face lift and faintly heard my name called on the loud speaker down by the lodge. Skied down to find that a good Samaritan (such as yourself) turned my shit in. Trust me you made someone's day, week and year.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Schif said:

Big shout out to @mute1080 and @Mixilplix for helping me with the skins. 

How were the conditions at Eagle Rock? I've never done Predator because I was a super noob when I last skied there. I used to hear it's a legit run for Pennsylvania.

Did you notice if they got rid of the beginner lift? The run down to it was shorter than Vista to Vista Chair. I spent a ton of time in the lower shack when I worked there around 2013. 

Edited by saltyant

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

How were the conditions at Eagle Rock? I've never done Predator because I was a super noob when I last skied there. I used to hear it's a legit run for Pennsylvania.

Did you notice if they got rid of the beginner lift? The run down to it was shorter than Vista to Vista Chair. I spent a ton of time in the lower shack when I worked there around 2013. 

The beginner lift is just towers and stations now. The haul rope and chairs are gone. Instead of having a chair for the beginner area they have a Polaris with treads instead of wheels that a guy drives up and down to shuttle people back to the top

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Schif said:

The beginner lift is just towers and stations now. The haul rope and chairs are gone. Instead of having a chair for the beginner area they have a Polaris with treads instead of wheels that a guy drives up and down to shuttle people back to the top

That's nuts, I can't imagine having to take my skis off and get on a snowmobile after every 45 second run. Wow just wow

Edited by saltyant

36 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You’d get used to it and you’d like it. Do you have any good memories from when you worked at Eagle Rock?  

Maybe when I was a gaper but not anymore, I ski the big leagues now like Vermont so I wouldn't be able to do that. 

Eagle Rock was fun to work at for one year because I learned all about skiing from knowing nothing. Lots of memorable characters and happy times. 

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Maybe when I was a gaper but not anymore, I ski the big leagues now like Vermont so I wouldn't be able to do that. 

Eagle Rock was fun to work at for one year because I learned all about skiing from knowing nothing. Lots of memorable characters and happy times. 

I remember you telling me about how you used to be a gaper.  

Double dip tonight was worth it, I think Main Street was the run of the night, lots of fun bumps to play in on upper main. Lazy was a close second.  Switch was completely scraped off, powdered sugar on an ice cube. Crowds were light, skied right onto every lift, lots of kids out on the mountain but steering clear of paradise and Burma and there was usually only 1 other person on the trail.  Sunday nights remain my favorite night… but Super Bowl night is extra special 

whoops wrong thread! 

Edited by Boo Bear
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1