Killington Stoke Thread... 2023!!

saltyant

This is grate. Parked at the Bear Mountain Lodge and it looks like there is 3 inches of fresh. Actually sorta feels like winter today. Wao! Thanks to Atomic Skiing Jeff for giving me his Ikon discount so I saved a lot and only paid $150. Ikon is so generous with their discounts

IMG_20230214_081120690_HDR.thumb.jpg.8d58fa75556fa43e29fce00a56271495.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty is the lift at Bear mountain running?   I guess you can start on the skye peak express quad 

Dunno, Skye peak express it is. I'm not doing Outer Limits and if I recall the Bear lift is just good for connecting to other areas unless you can ski bumps like Indigo 

Some gapers in a Nissan from Massachusetts couldn't get up the snow covered road to Bear Mountain Lodge. I guess they forgot their snow chains at home. Good thing I got a Subaru so I breezed right past them with the utmost of ease.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Some gapers in a Nissan from Massachusetts couldn't get up the snow covered road to Bear Mountain Lodge. I guess they forgot their snow chains at home. Good thing I got a Subaru so I breezed right past them with the utmost of ease.

Too bad you weren't there Sunday for the Subaru fest.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I bet it’s warm out Salty..do you need your red hoodie layer?

I always wear the same things so I don't have to think. It's low 30s. There is actual snow out here!! Like not machine made, granular, corn, sugar, ice, or snirt. It's rad

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

@mute1080 I don't know what Friday will be like but the Bear Mountain Lodge seems to be the most convenient place to park. Im extremely lazy when it comes to logistics and it was really easy. I got my lift ticket from the dispenser (if you need to do that) and sat in my car until 8:45. 2 minute walk to the lift and there were about 10 people in line. If you want a really nice groomer hit Skyeburst first thing. It felt like a western groomer. Now it's a bit choppy 

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Even if it’s 50 degrees out you wear the same thing?  Wow just wow. 

Good point. It will be nice and toasty tomorrow I think so I guess I won't wear my hoodie. I hate wasting time going back to the car to drop off an article of clothing. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are you having lunch now?  

Yeah I stopped at my car for 4 minutes for a banana, Gatorade and granola bar. Plus I stripped a layer. I love the convenience of the car being close to the lift, but I got stuck on some flat trails like stupid Bear Cub twice which was labor intensive so it's still not 100 percent effort free 

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1