2/15…spring skiing

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another quick AM session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived in the valley at 835am and it was 46 degrees under mostly sunny sky’s.  In the house were C1er, Bethlehem Ford crew, Atomic Jeff, Rodney, Oz and a handful of others.  

First run was on Razors which was moderately firm cord and a root roller around the middle got me and AJeff..a few minutes later Blue paint was sprayed to mark it.   They are getting ready for Super G races so some areas fenced off as well including right before the last drop.  Challenge had the best cord on the hill, softer than razors but still fast, skied challenge a second time then skied Main Street which had super soft cord on the top and bottom was already spring crud.  Skied Main Street again and most of the cord was gone, that run is probably a slush pit by now.  

Coming soon was decent and ended the session on Switchback and I got a little bit of air off the top roller.   Peaced out at 10:10.  All in all a fun spring session and I’m glad I got to ski most of the fresh cord…big time melting today as the temperature is currently climbing through the 50s.  Should be interesting to see what’s left Saturday..I expect a lot of skeet and bare spots by then after three more days of melt.  

E8F358DD-D305-45BA-BE50-A9C670A17C3E.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Boner City 1

The stars are shining bright it's not crowded the snow is soft like a baby's bottom and the weather feels like the tropics. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love skiing in this. Only problem is it's way too early for it and the snow is melting like the wicked witch of the East. That said I'm going to make like Sheryl Crow and soak up the Sun tonight before the rains come tomorrow. Enjoy it while you can I guess right?

IMG_20230215_190948_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230215_190508_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230215_190343_HDR.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Challenge is really nice. Maybe ROTN. flat and carvable in the middle with bumps on the side. Main is also sweetness. Barney's are large and in charge. Festive atmosphere tonight. People singing on the lift. Susudeo by Phil Collins blasting at the base. Over dressed tonight sweating my ass off 

It’s 58 degrees in the A so prob mid 50s at blue.  Mesh shirt weather 

56 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Challenge is really nice. Maybe ROTN. flat and carvable in the middle with bumps on the side. Main is also sweetness. Barney's are large and in charge. Festive atmosphere tonight. People singing on the lift. Susudeo by Phil Collins blasting at the base. Over dressed tonight sweating my ass off 

Susuedo is a jam hot Sam, in spring they should do a day of nothing but Phil Collins jams. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Got there early today. Did 2 runs before it was full on spring skiing. I love spring skiing, but not in mid February. Skid marks on Main Street, Lazy and Switchback already. 😩. Stuck to the quad later in the morning and afternoon. Challenge, TCS and Razors were nice. After 19 runs, my legs were done. Nice tailgate session afterwards. 

• Like 6