Magic Kill Greek 2023

mute1080

1 hour ago, mute1080 said:

Ticket lady did ask if the person I was with was a “advanced skier” as it was very firm to start.

When i was in College, me and 2 friends drove to Canada to go skiing, basically in an ice storm all up the east coast.  

Where ever it was, Tremblant, or Mt St Savoir, or whatever, the lady at the ticket window kept telling us "very fast skiing".  After 1 run my buddy said "very fast skiing my ass......this is ice cubes on top of ice".  Terrible trip for skiing, good trip for drinking, as the drinking age at least then was 18, and we were all under 21.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

@mute1080@Boo Bear Are you eating at the Wobbly Barn? Their Surf n' Turf is really good but if you ask for a refill of Iced Tea they'll charge tree fiddy.

No, unfortunately. Heading to Trax Pub & Grill now. Boo had her heart set on Steve’s Back Yard BBQ but the place was closed at 550(supposed to be 7).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mute1080 said:

No, unfortunately. Heading to tracks Pub & Grill now. Boo had her heart set on Steve’s Back Yard BBQ but the place was closed at 550(supposed to be 7).

Daang, that's a lot of driving! Hope you enjoyed the beast that is Killington and got lost a few times like I do every time I go there.

Edited by saltyant

8 hours ago, mbike-ski said:

Ugh if it sucks tomorrow morning head to Hollenbecks for donuts then over the hill to Cortland Beer 

Hollenbecks is on my list for sure. Hoping for a good day, they’ve been blowing since noon yesterday and while he had dinner they were still cranking. Also looks like we got an inch or two of fresh overnight, and looking out the cabin they’re still blowing at Greek.

Headed back out after the pretzel break but the rain didn’t let up. Temps kept dropping and it started to look like snow at the top but still a wintery mix. Stuck to to the gondola to stay dry but we were soaked through after about only 6.5k vert. Didn’t get to the longest run with hearing Skyeship was down but we did do Solitude for a long run out. Holy slow. 

Left at about 1:30 for Courtland. Little spicy with frozen slush on the road to start but smooth sailing after Albany. Favorite thing I saw on the drive was a dental office in an old train station in Greene, NY.

Greek Peak in about 15 minutes and looks like 17° and blue skies.

77CFD759-59B6-41E1-81D3-A967A9094F21.jpeg

B42F6A52-0AA4-4A81-934A-947206F3DE78.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mute1080 said:

Headed back out after the pretzel break but the rain didn’t let up. Temps kept dropping and it started to look like snow at the top but still a wintery mix. Stuck to to the gondola to stay dry but we were soaked through after about only 6.5k vert. Didn’t get to the longest run with hearing Skyeship was down but we did do Solitude for a long run out. Holy slow. 

I think Solitude is a cross country trail like Juggernaut (now closed)? It's one I never plan on doing! 

• Thanks 1

Arrived 845, booted and to the ticket window shortly after. Ticket window line to redeem my Indy pass was painfully slow and told Boo to take a run it was so bad. Got her pass the day before from the kiosk but they said I could only do the day of.

Fresh blown snow with a coating from nature overnight was a nice start. Couple whales on the trails but all the trails were half width. Less than half of the trails open. No lines and trails felt empty which was nice. The quad chair had the longest line at a minute and is a trip to get on. Up hill for most of it and then wasn’t expecting first conveyer belt quad. Wow. Couple warm up laps and then we tried to figure out how get to chair 5. Missed the connector trail but made it over to Mars Hill and had fun lapping that. Couple more off chair 4 and the quad before calling it for lunch.

Dropped our skis off for a wax. $22 hot wax for me and $55 light tune for Boo. Took food back to the cabin from Taverna and not bad prices for food for a basic cafeteria.

Back around 430 and the skis were ready to go. They opened a couple new trails like Zeus and Marathon since the morning so it was good to get a different lap. Debated going to the Steakhouse but ate at Trax again and the food is on point. Whole menu looks really good.

Back at it in the morning for hopefully more pushed out snow and terrain. Debating a double dip to Blue at night just to finish the trip off right.

CE192847-64CF-4AA6-BD39-105E75F6BDAB.jpeg

A0315BB7-F9A2-465D-94B6-E45D3BEFC556.jpeg

1803EF9F-0668-4719-ABB6-FBAEB1BA4E82.jpeg

533AFC63-17C4-4397-8CE2-80D98541C7C6.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2023 at 4:53 PM, saltyant said:

@mute1080@Boo Bear Are you eating at the Wobbly Barn? Their Surf n' Turf is really good but if you ask for a refill of Iced Tea they'll charge tree fiddy.

Salty do other places give free refills on ice teas?  Was there lemon in them and were sugar packets involved?  I want to get to the bottom of this. 

14 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Arrived 845, booted and to the ticket window shortly after. Ticket window line to redeem my Indy pass was painfully slow and told Boo to take a run it was so bad. Got her pass the day before from the kiosk but they said I could only do the day of.

Fresh blown snow with a coating from nature overnight was a nice start. Couple whales on the trails but all the trails were half width. Less than half of the trails open. No lines and trails felt empty which was nice. The quad chair had the longest line at a minute and is a trip to get on. Up hill for most of it and then wasn’t expecting first conveyer belt quad. Wow. Couple warm up laps and then we tried to figure out how get to chair 5. Missed the connector trail but made it over to Mars Hill and had fun lapping that. Couple more off chair 4 and the quad before calling it for lunch.

Dropped our skis off for a wax. $22 hot wax for me and $55 light tune for Boo. Took food back to the cabin from Taverna and not bad prices for food for a basic cafeteria.

Back around 430 and the skis were ready to go. They opened a couple new trails like Zeus and Marathon since the morning so it was good to get a different lap. Debated going to the Steakhouse but ate at tracks again and the food is on point. Whole menu looks really good.

Back at it in the morning for hopefully more pushed out snow and terrain. Debating a double dip to Blue at night just to finish the trip off right.

CE192847-64CF-4AA6-BD39-105E75F6BDAB.jpeg

A0315BB7-F9A2-465D-94B6-E45D3BEFC556.jpeg

1803EF9F-0668-4719-ABB6-FBAEB1BA4E82.jpeg

533AFC63-17C4-4397-8CE2-80D98541C7C6.jpeg

Nice report. I’ll check out the menu at tracks. I sort of find steakhouses to be boring. Poutine, nachos, chips trio, brisket sandwich or platter and pesto chicken flatbread.  Good menu. 

31 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty do other places give free refills on ice teas?  Was there lemon in them and were sugar packets involved?  I want to get to the bottom of this. 

There may or may not have been a lemon but no sugar packets. Most of the time I get free refills on all restaurant drinks. I guess Wobby Barn doesn't do free refills since they don't want to leave any money on the table. Once at Pat's Cheesesteaks in Philly I asked for free water and they said "we don't do that".

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

There may or may not have been a lemon but no sugar packets. Most of the time I get free refills on all restaurant drinks. I guess Wobby Barn doesn't do free refills since they don't want to leave any money on the table. Once at Pat's Cheesesteaks in Philly I asked for free water and they said "we don't do that".

Did you buy a bottle of water?