2/18/23….way better than expected.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot at 721am and in the house were Atomic Jeff, Toast, NMSki, JFDan, MBike mike, Schifdawg, Nancy, Enjorales, Nastar Glenn, Salty, Dirtwolf, Bethlehem ford crew and a lot of people from New York and New Jersey wearing the boots with the fur.

First civilian chair and NMSkis son even got to ride first chair with us.  First run challenge looked bad from the lift and I skied it anyway and it was solid cookies…that was the only bad run I skied.  Nightmare to dreamweaver was nice cord and I skied that twice followed by two on coming soon which had nice chalky fresh blown manmade.  

Then went over to the new super summit safari six pack and hit up raceway to midway to lower Main Street and very nice and smooth.  I skied switchback twice and got mad steezy air off the lip where connector crosses between upper upper switchback and upper switchback.  I also skied a run lazy to the fall and was ok at the beginning but got bad around the corner.  I hungout in the lot about two hours.  I bet I got some sunburn cause the sun was so bright.  I skipped beer today cause I have some work to do today.  I actually just bought tomorrows beer at Sheetz.  It’s rad they sell Voodoo ranger there and it’s a dollar less for a six pack than Weis markets.  

Ski some of you tomorrow.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Don't see a RTop forum, looked like the 2/18 discussion. Were lines nonexistent all day at Blue too?

Yeah. Lines were non existent at Blue. i was really surprised.

Accidentally slept in. Someone didn’t set an alarm. Someone hit snooze. But got on the snow by 8:45am fortunately.

loved cruzis cabin / main steeet / switchback. 

dream weaver and coming soon we’re good. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Don't see a RTop forum, looked like the 2/18 discussion. Were lines nonexistent all day at Blue too?

They sure were and I checked the webcams later in the day and still maybe 2 minutes.  It was busy but a lot of the morning people were cleared out by 11 or 1130 so another group arrived and there was a big GS or Super G race on razors.  One of the kids had a broken pole..I’ve had my poles for 9 years and they’re just slightly bent and so am I right now.  

this is a cool picture.  There’s no Plumbing thread so I figured I’d gift you a picture of a double toilet you turd burgler!!!  Feliz Navidad 

E7E91DC0-42C5-4B6F-ACF4-2EEF45FF4644.jpeg

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Awesome Blue could become a cool place to ski if the trend away from crowded weekends continues. $800 passes could help.

They were only charging $98 for an 8 hour ticket and 4 hour ticket was under $80.  That’s a better price point for a holiday weekend in PA than the $120+ they were charging a few weekends ago when it was busy but not crazy.  Blue has lucked out with some cold days..they repaired a lot of damage in a short period of time.  Salty did hit a rock but he’s ok about it. 

The $45 four hour weekday ticket is a great deal and no liftlines on the weekdays.  In the Covid ski season I was getting at least 2 less laps per hour on the high speeds due to the social distancing.  Now everybody is back to screaming in everybodies face.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Had to buy $229 worth of hockey gear on the way home.😢🤦‍♂️

in Chik Fil a drive thru now 

New gloves? Or a new stick? 

crazy to think you used to be able to buy head to toe gear (skates excluded) for $300and now sticks are pushing $300 alone. 

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

That was at Okemo. Blue's snow coverage has been beautiful. Bigly fantastic. Best coverage of any ski resort. It's true.

Salty I’m busy catching up on YouTube videos and texting with a half dozen people at once..can you see if roundtop has more skiable terrain open than blue mountain.  

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Fucking sweet to hear it was good,  that forecast has been subpar. How's coverage on Switch ?

It was good. Dark spot skiers left on the last straight bit before the dump to lower main, but the rest looked nice.

Biggest coverage issue looks to be the skiers right edge on the last straight of Paradise before Weaver comes in. Like the entire second half is thin and the edge creeping in. Still plenty of room when it's not crazy full

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

It was good. Dark spot skiers left on the last straight bit before the dump to lower main, but the rest looked nice.

Biggest coverage issue looks to be the skiers right edge on the last straight of Paradise before Weaver comes in. Like the entire second half is thin and the edge creeping in. Still plenty of room when it's not crazy full

Thanks man !