23/24 Season Passes Released.

toast21602

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks for being the voice of reason here. I hope one day we can all get along and make this a day of kindness, and drink, eat and be merry in the parking lot.

Ski2live: my children didn’t want to go to blue this weekend.

PASRs:  that’s fucking bullshit, I bet those kids wouldn’t diss blue to my face!

• Haha 6

21 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Everyone posting in this thread (other than me of course) sucks.  Ski2live sucks for too many reasons to list.  You all suck for getting butt hurt that someone may want to ski more than 1 resort all year, and also for having the absurd notion that children  want to go to the same resort every weekend.  Grow up and do better everyone 

this is hurtful. my one post was about the passes coming out to start this thread. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Ok - why is that?

Quality of snow?

Variety and challenge of terrain?

Speed / reliability / comfort of lifts?

Lack of crowds?

Typical weather?

Caring about hanging with a group of friends in the lot after skiing more than any of the above? 

I like the terrain at blue, it's not the most challenging, but it's fun, and the variety keeps me satisfied (more bumps would be nice) I am happy with their snowmaking. Of course I would rather ski natural but I find it acceptable, blue does a good job defying the weather. I was good with the lifts before, now they are even better. Crowds can be an issue at a local hill like blue, but you just have to get your timing right. I like the people at blue even though I don't do the parking lot thing, yet. A couple things you didn't mention. The parking in the valley is nice, close proximity and a flat walk to the lifts. Last but not least, communing with fellow skiers/riders about blue here on PASR.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Everyone posting in this thread (other than me of course) sucks.  Ski2live sucks for too many reasons to list.  You all suck for getting butt hurt that someone may want to ski more than 1 resort all year, and also for having the absurd notion that children  want to go to the same resort every weekend.  Grow up and do better everyone 

everyone?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, zzslope said:

I like the terrain at blue, it's not the most challenging, but it's fun, and the variety keeps me satisfied (more bumps would be nice) I am happy with their snowmaking. Of course I would rather ski natural but I find it acceptable, blue does a good job defying the weather. I was good with the lifts before, now they are even better. Crowds can be an issue at a local hill like blue, but you just have to get your timing right. I like the people at blue even though I don't do the parking lot thing, yet. A couple things you didn't mention. The parking in the valley is nice, close proximity and a flat walk to the lifts. Last but not least, communing with fellow skiers/riders about blue here on PASR.

If I had to pick one place to day trip to ski all winter, with drive time being a factor, it would be a toss up between Blue & Camelback. They are equal distance from me and better than any others that are closer or no more than 20 minutes further  (Shawnee, Bear Creek, JFBB, Roundtop Mountain Creek, Spring, Big Snow, Campgaw). Hunter, Elk, Whitetail and (to a lesser extent) Montage are all pushing it as far as drive time for regular day trips.

I think Blue/Cbk offering a combined pass is a great development for the region. But competitively priced passes that include PA, Catskills, VT and CO are too attractive for me to pass up.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

16 minutes ago, zzslope said:

For me its the plain and simple fact i get to ski every weekend, its an easy commute from either direction, and the totally bizarre group i get to do it with.  

Of course i cant find it now, but i just saw a pic of Whitetail resort, and it definetly will make you appreciate Blues snowmaking.  Granted, the temps are probably a tic lower than blues, but yikes.  look at thier webcams.  if i was them i would point them at the scrapple shack.  

• Like 4

Yep Whitetail has been hurting this year. Their low latitude and facing South/Southeast are a real tough combo in a year like this. Roundtop does a lot better facing North. 

Whitetail closed midweek saying they will reopen Sat but my $ says their season is done.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

For me its the plain and simple fact i get to ski every weekend, its an easy commute from either direction, and the totally bizarre group i get to do it with.  

Of course i cant find it now, but i just saw a pic of Whitetail resort, and it definetly will make you appreciate Blues snowmaking.  Granted, the temps are probably a tic lower than blues, but yikes.  look at thier webcams.  if i was them i would point them at the scrapple shack.  

Here's a live view of whitetail. I think their climate is significantly warmer than blue. Many times the temps are the same at whitetail as they are in south jersey. I only know this because of the one year whitetail was on the peak pass and I was waiting until the snow was decent to get there.

Blue is a fantastic option very close to philly. Its priced fairly too.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, rgrwilco said:

Here's a live view of whitetail. I think their climate is significantly warmer than blue. Many times the temps are the same at whitetail as they are in south jersey. I only know this because of the one year whitetail was on the peak pass and I was waiting until the snow was decent to get there.

Blue is a fantastic option very close to philly. Its priced fairly too.

image.png

Thats about it, but it was from way further back, and showed about 6-7 trails.  Rough go for all of the East this year.  

Back to your regularly scheduled programing, Blue Mt season pass.  

4 hours ago, enjoralas said:

@mute1080 @Boo Bear just a heads up, if you KNOW Becky is going to be in Adventure Camp, the cleanest way to buy is to let it add-on her $50 pass when you buy the WAC slot. There is no way to buy WAC on the site without adding a pass, so I thought I would give a heads up in case you were planning to buy passes now and WAC later. 

I am sure that they could sell WAC separately if you bought the pass first by chatting with them on the live chat. In fact, I did it that way this year for the boys because WAC wasn't being sold last year when I bought their passes. But this year I'll just do it all online. I hate laying out the $$ for WAC in Feb 2023 for Jan/Feb 2024, but I have to make sure they get spots.  

Thanks for the heads up. We haven't decided if we doing the Camp or buying group lessons through the school yet. 

They didn't push 'Limited' passes this year like  they have in the previous years which makes me think we have until 3/15 to buy and get the gift card without issue

I won't give money to Vail and tried splitting time between Shawnee and Montage this year to see if it would be worth getting a pass at one and then hopping on the Indie Pass for travel options. But both are too far from the Philly suburbs and it wouldn't be worth the drive. Leaning towards getting this and then the Indie Pass as it's a fairly cheap add-on for travel options.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It looks like the add on is actually $263. Either way that is a nice option. To me a Blue/Cbk pass for $938 is a more attractive option thN Blue only for $675. I could enjoy spending Sat at Cbk and Sun at Blue far more often than I would ski either 2 days in a row.

I stand corrected.  It is a good value but as far as terrain goes.  I can't see why I would go to CBK instead of Blue even though it's 20 min closer for me.  The front 3 arent long enough and the mad horizontal gets old over the years.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, DiMe said:

I stand corrected.  It is a good value but as far as terrain goes.  I can't see why I would go to CBK instead of Blue even though it's 20 min closer for me.  The front 3 arent long enough and the mad horizontal gets old over the years.

I like more variety of trails rather than hitting same runs over and over. I find Cliffhanger as challenging as anything at Blue and usually less skied off and without the runout that is the last bit of any Blue run. Bactrian is real cool too. But not saying Camelback is better, just that it is a toss up. And mostly I like the variety of not skiing the same Mtn every time so if I was gonna ski 2 days in PA on a weekend I would much rather hit a different one each day, or if only 1 day then alternate.between weekends. And as mentioned it is easier to avoid lift lines there with the extra slower lifts.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I like more variety of trails rather than hitting same runs over and over. I find Cliffhanger as challenging as anything at Blue and usually less skied off and without the runout that is the last bit of any Blue run. Bactrian is real cool too. And mostly I like the variety of not skiing the same Mtn every time so if I was gonna ski 2 days in PA on a weekend I would much rather hit a different one each day, or if only 1 day then alternate.between weekends. And as mentioned it is easier to avoid lift lines there with the extra slower lifts.

For your reasons, you can't beat the value @ $263.  Pays for itself in a few weekends.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

I renewed my pass this morning.   Just wanted to post in this thread so @theprogram4can tell me I suck too

45 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I don’t recall seeing you in this thread before I posted so you get a pass (see what i did there?)

Not from me, you suck @PSUFly

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

You may not be but humans are social animals, left to our own devices and alone we suffer greatly. 

I can be as much a lone wolf as anyone, most people bore me terribly but for the last 15 years or so I get to share my experiences with a community of like minded people who are my friends. 

Real actual community in 2023. One of the best adventures of my life was with persons I hang out in the lot with. Nevermind the everyday, every weekend, year after year after year.

Life is made tolerable by those you share it with and if I was dumb enough to have my values so out of whack that a couple hundred bucks is worth more than community then I believe I would be a miserable sack of shit exactly like you.  

might be the best post in this thread, or on this site, in a while. 

• Like 2