23/24 Season Passes Released.

toast21602

23 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

You may not be but humans are social animals, left to our own devices and alone we suffer greatly. 

I can be as much a lone wolf as anyone, most people bore me terribly but for the last 15 years or so I get to share my experiences with a community of like minded people who are my friends. 

Real actual community in 2023. One of the best adventures of my life was with persons I hang out in the lot with. Nevermind the everyday, every weekend, year after year after year.

Life is made tolerable by those you share it with and if I was dumb enough to have my values so out of whack that a couple hundred bucks is worth more than community then I believe I would be a miserable sack of shit exactly like you.  

This hit me in the feels 🥲

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

You may not be but humans are social animals, left to our own devices and alone we suffer greatly. 

I can be as much a lone wolf as anyone, most people bore me terribly but for the last 15 years or so I get to share my experiences with a community of like minded people who are my friends. 

Real actual community in 2023. One of the best adventures of my life was with persons I hang out in the lot with. Nevermind the everyday, every weekend, year after year after year.

Life is made tolerable by those you share it with and if I was dumb enough to have my values so out of whack that a couple hundred bucks is worth more than community then I believe I would be a miserable sack of shit exactly like you.  

I'll take  "Caring about hanging with a group of friends in the lot after skiing more than any of the above?"  for $675 Johnny

Don't know what gives you the impression I am miserable or lack community. I mostly ski with my kids which is very rewarding for me and my main community activities revolve around making music and supporting my friends making music, not hanging around in a parking lot eating, drinking and smoking after skiing. I finish skiing and go spend time doing that. 

I get you guys enjoy your community and that is why I put it as an option. But the idea that you have a better community than anyone else or that Blue is the one true mountain because that is where your community hangs out is what I see as out of whack. 

And my choice to spend more on Epic and Indy passes than I would spend on a Blue pass is not to save $. It is because I and my kids value diverse high-quality ski experiences more than being part of Blue's apres ski community, which is not all that kid friendly a scene truth be told. If you all were bringing kids there too it might be different, but I have never seen anyone else with kids the times we have dropped by so mine are basically "how long do we have to stay and hang in the lot Dad?"

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I'll take  "Caring about hanging with a group of friends in the lot after skiing more than any of the above?"  for $675 Johnny

Don't know what gives you the impression I am miserable or lack community. I mostly ski with my kids which is very rewarding for me and my main community activities revolve around making music and supporting my friends making music, not hanging around in a parking lot eating, drinking and smoking after skiing. I finish skiing and go spend time doing that. 

I get you guys enjoy your community and that is why I put it as an option. But the idea that you have a better community than anyone else or that Blue is the one true mountain because that is where your community hangs out is what I see as out of whack. 

Ok you know where the exit is..you can see yourself out…

994073E3-B9B1-4840-A2C4-B181FECF40AD.gif

Thanks, but I'd like to continue participating in a PA Skiing forum, even if I skied Shawnee, Montage and Roundtop this month rather than Blue. If someone wants to pass me a buddy pass I'll be glad to hit Blue again, otherwise I'll ski the places I get good deals and enjoy skiing. 

29 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

And my choice to spend more on Epic and Indy passes than I would spend on a Blue pass is not to save $. It is because I and my kids value diverse high-quality ski experiences more than being part of Blue's apres ski community, which is not all that kid friendly a scene truth be told. If you all were bringing kids there too it might be different, but I have never seen anyone else with kids the times we have dropped by so mine are basically "how long do we have to stay and hang in the lot 

You post in everything Blue related even though we are all well aware of what you think and didn't give two fucks in the first place. You like to stir the pot and antagonize and when someone gives it to you back you play that same shit like above where you don't know what your doing. 

Do I post in your shitty trs about all the stupid ass shit you do ? Do I have a great need to go on to others threads to make myself feel better ? Who has 100000 posts in a thread they have nothing to do with and who has two ?  Why do you post in every blue roll call thread when no one gives a fuck ? Who's that about? What do you feel when your doing it ? Who's judging who here ? 

Small people, shitty people, miserable people need that shit.  I don't give two fucks what you do, I mostly pay you no attention because you are not worthy of it and my God is that bar set low. I also see no need to comment on it the vast vast majority of the time because it does nothing for me. 

But you do and that plus 10000 other things means I do know who you are and let's be real we all knew who you were the second you valued free food over making friends. 

Yeah I post a bunch, mostly about skiing and weather, not always agreeing with everyone else and not making it all about Blue. I tryntonadd some value and levity. I do enjoy the ski and weather talk here, but also wish there was a PA ski forum that did not have a Blue loyalty litmus test, but there is not and - yeah - I poke some fun at that.

Guess I should not have eaten some food the ~3 times I accepted the invite to drop by your tailgate the one season I was a Blue pass holder, but the point of dropping by was to say hi to you guys. Never had a mission to not be anybody's friend, but nor did I want to spend hours hanging in the lot most times I came to Blue. I generally arrived later than you guys, skied a few hours, then went home to the other stuff in my life.

• Like 1

This forum has always had a Blue dominant participation ratio for probably close to 20 years now.....  It was more diverse when social media was less popular and I was in fact the PASR CBK poster boy a decade+ ago.

Anyhow, where is this parking lot party all this drama stems from.  I park by the tubing building because thats where the homies park but I would love to share some safety tips and beverages in exchange for some delicious meats some time.  😋

PS, I come in peace and has no childrens that I'm aware of. 🤣

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That was Johnny style.  He’s been MIA for five years. 

Ah dang, wrong Johnny!  What happened to Robert 2 aka R2D2 and Papasteezes Nipples, are they pro now?

Any VT plans when Blue closes this year?

Edited by DiMe

6 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Thanks, but I'd like to continue participating in a PA Skiing forum, even if I skied Shawnee, Montage and Roundtop this month rather than Blue. If someone wants to pass me a buddy pass I'll be glad to hit Blue again, otherwise I'll ski the places I get good deals and enjoy skiing. 

In your experience skiing at other hills, have you seen any groups of parking lot friends like the ones at blue? 

20 minutes ago, zzslope said:

In your experience skiing at other hills, have you seen any groups of parking lot friends like the ones at blue? 

I was not even aware it existed at Blue until I started participating in this forum 10 years ago, and I had already skied at Blue/Little Gap for 30 years before that.

I am aware of very tight apres ski communities at Loon and Sunday River as I have a friend who is part of them.

I get a very strong feeling at Roundtop - more than anywhere else I ski including Blue - that a large % of skiers there (especially ones who use the Ramrod triple that serves their double blacks) are locals who know each other well and are participating in a social scene that has endured for decades. It is evident in the way they greet each other in the lift line as old friends and decide to ride up together. 

And Plattekill and Magic has very strong communities of regulars.

There are also strong local community hang feels at Spring Mountain (all either beginners from philly area or folks who live very close and have passes as it is their local hill) and at Bear Creek (which is owned by a housing declvelopment).

And a couple other mountains I have been to have very strong race family communities: West and Berkshire East. 

5 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yeah I post a bunch, mostly about skiing and weather, not always agreeing with everyone else and not making it all about Blue. I tryntonadd some value and levity. I do enjoy the ski and weather talk here, but also wish there was a PA ski forum that did not have a Blue loyalty litmus test, but there is not and - yeah - I poke some fun at that.

Guess I should not have eaten some food the ~3 times I accepted the invite to drop by your tailgate the one season I was a Blue pass holder, but the point of dropping by was to say hi to you guys. Never had a mission to not be anybody's friend, but nor did I want to spend hours hanging in the lot most times I came to Blue. I generally arrived later than you guys, skied a few hours, then went home to the other stuff in my life.

I'm gonna call BS there. A few years back myself, @JFskiDan @Barb @phillycore @C1erArt etc were all JFBB pass holders. @Schif and a few others were Montage pass holders. @rummy is our Elk guy and guess what? We got on just fine with everyone else in the forum. We didn't poke fun at Blue, Pennsylvania skiing in general (like you do), tailgating or anything like that. And vice versa. Folks were cool both ways. At times we all skied together either at Blue, fost or Montage and had a great time hanging out. Some of the funnest memories at Frost (of which there were many) were the PASR days (the 2 feet those days didn't hurt either) so no it's not "agreeing with everyone else" or "making it all about Blue". It's about not being on your high horse or being condescending, especially from someone who would be first in line to buy a pass at Blue if it fit their budget.

• Like 3

Yeah if Blue were to again offer me a $399 pass and my girls $99 passes I would buy them again. And I'd likely also get Indy Passes so we could get some variety and ski bigger and further places too. It still wouldn't make me think Blue was any better than Camelback, Montage or Elk. It wouldn't make me think PA skiing was as great as Catskills, New England or Rockies skiing. It would make it a good value for one of the closer mountains to my home.

9 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yeah if Blue were to again offer me a $399 pass and my girls $99 passes I would buy them again. And I'd likely also get Indy Passes so we could get some variety and ski bigger and further places too. It still wouldn't make me think Blue was any better than Camelback, Montage or Elk. It wouldn't make me think PA skiing was as great as Catskills, New England or Rockies skiing. It would make it a good value for one of the closer mountains to my home.

I honestly don't even know why I'm typing this as it's like talking to a wall however here goes...therein (your post above) lies the point everyone is trying to make. Absolutely no one is saying Blue...is the Rockies or even NE. Absolutely not one single soul says or will say that. We all spend $$, going to bigger and better resorts each year because of that fact. But it's our home hill however (that just so happens to have a few very nicely cut trails, sufficiently long runs for the area and a very powerful snowmaking system) that folks find joy in skiing; and it's filled with lots of good people who enjoy hanging out with one another. You can't put a price on that is the point.

And I am not trying to talk any of you out of being Blue regulars. To me personally I look for the best combination of ski experience, variety, travel time and price. 

I agree being part of a community is priceless, but I find that closer to my home as I do not have a residence so close to one ski area that desire to find community there outweighs my love of skiing a variety of places.

Ski2 I'll add that I find it extremely admirable and respect that you choose to share your love for skiing with your kids on your way. That's awesome and trust me I get that completely as someone who's share those experiences with their kid. What's lacking is that the mutual feeling of respect for how others choose to enjoy the sport and where they choose to do it at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I was not even aware it existed at Blue until I started participating in this forum 10 years ago, and I had already skied at Blue/Little Gap for 30 years before that.

I am aware of very tight apres ski communities at Loon and Sunday River as I have a friend who is part of them.

I get a very strong feeling at Roundtop - more than anywhere else I ski including Blue - that a large % of skiers there (especially ones who use the Ramrod triple that serves their double blacks) are locals who know each other well and are participating in a social scene that has endured for decades. It is evident in the way they greet each other in the lift line as old friends and decide to ride up together. 

And Plattekill and Magic has very strong communities of regulars.

There are also strong local community hang feels at Spring Mountain (all either beginners from philly area or folks who live very close and have passes as it is their local hill) and at Bear Creek (which is owned by a housing declvelopment).

And a couple other mountains I have been to have very strong race family communities: West and Berkshire East. 

I wonder if any of those other groups are as large, as friendly, or as fiercely loyal as the PASER group at blue?  

40 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Ski2 I'll add that I find it extremely admirable and respect that you choose to share your love for skiing with your kids on your way. That's awesome and trust me I get that completely as someone who's share those experiences with their kid. What's lacking is that the mutual feeling of respect for how others choose to enjoy the sport and where they choose to do it at.

Just counted this weekend 118 days for each on skis with me, which means about 126 days for me skiing with 1 or both.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DiMe said:

Ah dang, wrong Johnny!  What happened to Robert 2 aka R2D2 and Papasteezes Nipples, are they pro now?

Any VT plans when Blue closes this year?

I think Robert2 is dead and a few years ago Nipples became obsessed with running and has hiked all the 4,000 foot mountains in New Hampshire this winter and thinking about skiing Vermont or up north in a couple weeks 

• Thanks 1