2/24…windy..mad technical yo!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot around 825am and it was 40 degrees with 20-30mph winds.  In the house were Atomic AJeff, ZZSlope, BethlehemFord crew, Rodney, Oz and a bunch of boomers.  I was able to get my bad foot in my foot ok and pain was a 2.5 out of 10.  Aside from walking a little slow, the skiing seemed the same except for less angulation which is something that wasn’t needed much with todays snow. 

Started on the new summit safari six pack and it stopped for a solid 6-7 minutes about 1/3 of the way up.  Began on Lazy mile which was firm and smooth with a lot of leaves.  Was going to go to the quad but that was stopped so back to the new six pack again and skied Widowmaker to midway to lower Main Street.  Widowmaker had one very bare section and lower Main Street is a giant skeet spot. Midway skied well for about 7 seconds.   Up the quad and rode with ZZSlope, went down coming soon which was firm and semi choppy, lower paradise was good on the left and bad on the right.  Then down challenge which was ok, pretty slick at the top and softer lower down.  Paradise was decent but the wind made things slow and switchback had the whitest snow on the hill and least about of bare areas.  

All in all I’d rate the conditions a 4+, not quite a 5.  Snowmaking tonight is very much needed…

was rocking out to this song

3DE4641B-4D0A-433E-90FC-9B17CC59F403.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Lest we forget what the webcam doesn’t show any more. 
AC2BF519-4D50-4EDE-B3AF-C76AAC6922E7.thumb.jpeg.aad0177290ff2db92cfba79da00ebf70.jpeg
 Coming down past the pumphouse from Freefall, smelled a whiff of diesel exhaust. Hopefully getting ready for tonight. Must have been clear skies last night, because the slopes really firmed up for this morning. The low at home was only 37.

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Lest we forget what the webcam doesn’t show any more. 
AC2BF519-4D50-4EDE-B3AF-C76AAC6922E7.thumb.jpeg.aad0177290ff2db92cfba79da00ebf70.jpeg
 Coming down past the pumphouse from Freefall, smelled a whiff of diesel exhaust. Hopefully getting ready for tonight. Must have been clear skies last night, because the slopes really firmed up for this morning. The low at home was only 37.

my god is that thin.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Riding the left you can see the base is about two inches on lower Main Street.  Atomic Jeff suggested they just close it tomorrow for snowmaking and I said that’s not gonna happen. 

how will i do shicola/raceway/widowmaker/cuzziscabin to midway then?  Jlaw and DW wont be able to run switch.........The struggle is real.  

• Like 1

Did multiple runs on challenge today. That and widow/curzis to midway were pretty good. Quite a few sketchy spots on the hill, but to be honest I thought it skied decent. Got my new season pass. Enjoyed sharing a lift ride wuth atomic and GSS.

Edited by mute1080
remove blank
  • Like 2

4+ for today's conditions?? Wow.

It's a disaster, I really hope they'll catch up with snowmaking over the weekend, but they've also been messing around and relocating their excavator, so something tells me there may be a leak somewhere...

Paradise was fine from the start, Lazy better, but half way down you had to pick a side around giant dirt spots. Main, yeah you get it from the pictures above.

The best trail was actually Challenge. Whitest, smoothest, thickest, fastest, emptiest, bestest in short. It held super well until 12:30, when I had to leave. Only problem was the wind blowing strong right in your face and making the top of the trail kinda boldish, but by noon, really, it was your best bet on the entire mountain. Next to it was Coming Soon, but only till you merge with Paradise, and then it was a mushy mess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, eaf said:

Ah, that makes sense. I'm really hoping that they won't quit on us this year. It's not even March!

It’s up to Mother Nature to determine that.  With the way the weather has been, I’m happy with what Blue has done but I’d hate for them to close before camelback and have to slum it there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

Today was day 50 for the year for me, and day 900 at blue since the start of PASR.

I see so many old people from the lift wearing neon blue jackets and lime slacks trying to be the legendary AtomicSkier thst I remember.  🤷‍♂️