Blue bumpers invade Canukistan - 2/24/2023

indiggio

Very cool, I was in Banff in 1985 and the only 3 options were Noriquay , Sunshine and Louise. It hadn’t snowed for two weeks so we didn’t hit Noriquay . Sunshine was getting some snow due to the Chinook winds. Always wondered what Noriquay would be like. Thanks for the stoke! 

We Heliskied one day which was awsome, we flew up the Srpray river valley,they picked us up in Canmore behind a restaurant. The town was a really sleepy place then but now looks pretty upscale now. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Very cool, I was in Banff in 1985 and the only 3 options were Noriquay , Sunshine and Louise. It hadn’t snowed for two weeks so we didn’t hit Noriquay . Sunshine was getting some snow due to the Chinook winds. Always wondered what Noriquay would be like. Thanks for the stoke! 

We Heliskied one day which was awsome, we flew up the Srpray river valley,they picked us up in Canmore behind a restaurant. The town was a really sleepy place then but now looks pretty upscale now. 

I think we’re heading up to Louis today, so we’ll see how that goes.  Norquay wasn’t bad, but they really need to swap out the Spirit lift with a 6 as it’s a major choke point for the mountain.  The stuff off the North American is a lot of fun and reminds me a lot of Jackson, just on a smaller scale.

Drew looked into adding a heli trip but all the companies were booked, with some having a 3 year waiting list.

Canmore is still pretty sleepy, but housing seems to be expanding.

4 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I think we’re heading up to Louis today, so we’ll see how that goes.  Norquay wasn’t bad, but they really need to swap out the Spirit lift with a 6 as it’s a major choke point for the mountain.  The stuff off the North American is a lot of fun and reminds me a lot of Jackson, just on a smaller scale.

Drew looked into adding a heli trip but all the companies were booked, with some having a 3 year waiting list.

Canmore is still pretty sleepy, but housing seems to be expanding.

Wow 3years ! I

I remember paying $250.00 for 10k vertical. I was two and a half runs ,the weather turned sketchy on the way out. The clouds were obscuring the peaks but the pilot was great and knew the area really well. We cleared the last pass with 200’ . 

This happened the day before we went. Owner of Sunshine Village. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Thomas_Scurfield

My last run near the bottom I started a small slide in a drainage on the way back to the helicopter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Cool report so far and sick house.  I feel like a baller just knowing somebody who stayed in a house like that…no diggity no doubt.  Did you bring blue mountain stickers to tag at burrito joints and cowboy bars?  

I went to the shop & guest services before the trip to get some Blue stickers but all they have anymore are window stickers.