2/26 Man made powder stashes and sketchy groomers.

DiMe

Hey all,

I’m back from a fun morning at Blue mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 715am and it was 26 degrees under overcast sky’s.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, Toast, Kevin Thomas, Justo, Dime, Boo, Mute, MBike, Bethlehem Ford Crww, JFDan, BenM, PSUFly, Schifdawg, Pops, Enjorales, ZZSlopeX Hayeta, Dirtwolf, Matt Edge, Salty and many others.  

First run in challenge was decent and pretty consistent with decent cord, Main Street had nice snow on the top half and real sticky lower, Lazy mile was decent as was coming soon while lower paradise was filled with little rollers.  The guns were turned off but production the previous 33 hours was excellent with the majority of terrain resurfaced.  Crowds were a bit less than yesterday but still busy. 

This weeks sausage Sunday was a pizza edition and BenM took a lot of life style shots of Enjorales tossing dough.  There was also shrimp.   All in all a fun day with not the best conditions but better than not skiing. I’ll prob be back next Tuesday for opening.  JADIP

8D2863EC-C1DD-4A83-8C04-096D229F3EB8.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zzslope said:

Interesting day at Blue today. started with a delayed open on the old six. Then NM/DW was being groomed so after a run down Paradise Hayata and I got two nice smooth passes on NM/DW onto a very wavey lower paradise.. We headed down Challenge to find a ski patroller yard sale near the bottom of the head wall, radio and all. We stopped to gather his stuff. and to ask if he was ok. He said he was alright, so we continued on. We got on the old six with another ski patroller who was headed up to help him, because after we left him, he called for assistance. We then skied lazy to the falls and found the falls to be a deep dark mess. Next run was switch back which was another deep dark lumpy teeth rattling mess, followed by two wonderful runs down a nice smooth main street, with a quick bump run in the middle. On our second main street pass, we stopped on the cross trail with about 15 other skiers, as we were standing there an intermediateish skier sailed through the group and unknowingly blundered into the bumps. He got lucky and only floundered over two bumps before they spit him out headfirst onto the smooth part of Main. On our second lazy to falls run, the falls was littered with people that the deep stuff got the best of. Spoke with GSS and got to meet and have a short conversation with Salty Ant. And had a ski by meet up with Mute, nice to meet both of you. Fun day as always at blue.

The ski Patrol guy was the definition of yard sale his crap was everywhere, hope he  is ok, Great day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hayata said:

The ski Patrol guy was the definition of yard sale his crap was everywhere, hope he  is ok, Great day.

A run later there was a ski patroller in a sled on the falls and atomic Jeff was even talking about an injured skier.  This is the kind of snow today where you don’t want to show off even if there’s a cameraman from You @ Blue on the scene.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

A run later there was a ski patroller in a sled on the falls and atomic Jeff was even talking about an injured skier.  This is the kind of snow today where you don’t want to show off even if there’s a cameraman from You @ Blue on the scene.  

+++++VIBES+++++ to all skiers injured today on the hard, variable, sugary, wavy manmade powder

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

+++++VIBES+++++ to all skiers injured today on the hard, variable, sugary, wavy manmade powder

Guess what SaltyPants..the snow is now melting which means the ponds are filling back up again and hopefully the temperature drops low enough tonight for a mini snowmaking assault before tomorrow nights weather event.  We need a freaking blizzard..

• Love 1

Forgive me for forgetting to put a proper condition description in the TReport as I was quite tired and ready for a nap.  Today Blue The True with their world class snowmaking system seems to have covered much of the GLACIER ICE that had been exposed due to the warm freeze conditions earlier in the week! 

There were some trails such as Midway where extreme caution of BLUE ICE had to be taken but otherwise mostly decent groomers with some tricky rollers and divots a bit tough to see in the low light from pushing out all the fresh man made in areas like Lower Main.  There were some mad technical 🍪 traps halfway down and through the runout on Challenge though. 

I thought ski patrol parked on Switchback was going to go after me after getting some steezy air off a man made stash around a corner as they followed me down to the new 6 pack but instead we rode the lift together and they invited me to join the team!  All in all JADIP.

Edited by DiMe
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2023 at 1:15 PM, Benm said:

sorry, couldn't get it it before the editing timeout but more flippin photos

IMG_20230226_1049165.jpg

IMG_20230226_1049178.jpg

IMG_20230226_1049111.jpg

walt.gif

I’m partially at fault for the pizza dough flying away.  Enjorales was doing nice moderate tosses and I said those are blue square tosses let’s see a black Diamond toss and a rogue gust of wind caught the dough.  It’s bananas. 

• Haha 1