Whitefish 2023

momskeeztoo

9 minutes ago, sibhusky said:

I was supposed to ski today, but two different groups I was planning to ski with decided to bag it due to visibility, so I did as well. Looks bad. I wonder if momskeeztoo is skiing?Screenshot_20230302-081106.thumb.png.d8c312a449fdcf07a6095020365f39a0.png

Keeping an eye on webcams. Yesterday was bluebird on north side, zero visibility closer to base. We definitely won’t be skiing at 9am! We were told yesterday, any tickets we didn’t use would be refunded. I thought that was pretty nice. 

• Like 1

Apparently it's improving

Thursday, March 2, 2023:

10:30 a.m. update:

We're cruising around on 2-3 inches of new, low-density snow with variable depths stacked off-piste. I blasted through some pillows for a quick taste of the white room out there.

Visibility on the lower mountain is improving. The upper mountain remains in storm mode with light snowfall, moderate winds and gusts, and very low visibility.

8 a.m. update:

Snowfall has tapered off and we've picked up an inch or so in the village since this morning's report! The upper and lower mountain currently has incredibly low visibility (even by Big Mountain standards). We're talking full on sonar conditions. Trust your gear, trust the slope and trust your feelings out in the abyss!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

At Loveland some of the chairs have numbers and it’s the same at mammoth.  Show chairlifts respect and give them a name…gosh..it’s like that in some inner city schools.  In NY people go to like PS 213.  Nah dawg that’s Roosevelt high.  Gosh. 

They all have names, but since those names have changed over the years, it's easier to just call them by their numbers. There's a couple that are called by their area in the resort on occasion. It's easier to call something "chair 1" than "Glacier Chaser", or whatever the latest name is. (Looked it up, now "Big Mountain Express", a real mouthful.)

SmartSelect_20230302_220832_Chrome.thumb.jpg.466d5c60efe4d8fdd06dd7e80d7f92d2.jpg

Edited by sibhusky

Freshies here. Unfortunately I spent the morning meeting people who didn't all want to meet up at the same time. 10:00, 11:00, 11:30 (with a late appearance, so take a run and try again at noon). Like I'd like to move to another lift, not keep coming back to the summit.

• Like 1

To anyone thinking of coming here, it’s a nice resort. Lots of different terrain, resort seems well run, workers all friendly. And the free bus into town is great! We had some snow almost every day, only had one day when visibility was terrible. We were lucky with the weather. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

To anyone thinking of coming here, it’s a nice resort. Lots of different terrain, resort seems well run, workers all friendly. And the free bus into town is great! We had some snow almost every day, only had one day when visibility was terrible. We were lucky with the weather. 

Where did y’all stay?