3/1…western groomer morning.

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived in the lower lot at 830am and it was 31 degrees under mostly sunny sky’s.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, Root, ZZSlope, Bethlehem ford crew, C1 and a few others.  

First civilian summit safari lift and began on Main Street which was a western groomer..11 out of 10 conditions but Nightmare dreamweaver was 12 out of 10…was so good kept lapping that then back to Main Street which was getting semi spring like on the bottom part, back to nightmare dreamweaver then I skied razors which was very good….a little firmer than the others but so smooth. 

The quad stopped for about 5-6 minutes while we were on it and I saw it stopped for awhile later while skiing razors.  I skied Widowmaker once and it was real nice cord but midway had mini cookies.  Ended my hour and 20 minute session with a final run on razors and peaced out.  Not often you have sunshine, comfortable temperatures and such nice snow.  What a turnaround from Friday when the mountain was so brown. JADIP

54BBCD25-D627-4959-8870-EF21226DE475.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just got home from another afternoon in paradise at Blue The only Real True Mountain in PA.  The snow today was even better than yesterday!  It was glue in flat spots like on tuts, lower burma and the bottom but anywhere with pitch had amazing snow.  They groomed out all the wonky shit beautifully.   Come around park jump run in was nice and smooth and the lip was solid to get some mad steezy air.  Had a progressive 7 laps through come around and 4 more off the quad.  Anything with pitch today was near perfect!  All in all JADIP!! :rock

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

Maybe I'll cancel my trip out west in a few weeks and just ski the western groomers at Blue Mountain which is a True Mountain.

Don’t do that…I heard that Skiing magazine voted Breckinridge a top 5 resort. It’s the best I always hear people in the hot tub in Jackson hole talking about Breck and keystone as well.  Are you going with Ski2Live and Eaf?

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Don’t do that…I heard that Skiing magazine voted Breckinridge a top 5 resort. It’s the best I always hear people in the hot tub in Jackson hole talking about Breck and keystone as well.  Are you going with Ski2Live and Eaf?

Ok, since Breckinridge was voted top 5 I guess I'll go. Was Blue Mountain voted in the top 5? I don't think they're going this trip but next year maybe you, me, Ski2Live, Eaf and MattEdge will go to Jackson Hole and we can ski down the couloir

Edited by saltyant

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Ok, since Breckinridge was voted top 5 I guess I'll go. Was Blue Mountain voted in the top 5? I don't think they're going this trip but next year maybe you, me, Ski2Live, Eaf and MattEdge will go to Jackson Hole and we can ski down the couloir

JH is to expensive for Ski2Live, Eaf will want to stay slopeside and be late for first chair because he’s finishing his pancakes with huckleberry syrup and prune juice.  Matt edge will definitely buy a custom made cowboy hat and sit on the saddles in the cowboy bar and end up in jail or the mayor.  Salty will probably be preyed upon by some cougar..maybe Stacey’s mom.  Gonna be radical. We bunking 2 or four to a room?

• Boner City 1

13 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

I second @RidgeRacer’s comments. Grate night skiing. Snow was so good we expanded our terrain and notched Nightmare and Falls off the kid’s list. Half the age I was when I did them the first time 💪 

Saw @MattEDGE stretching out his groin from the lift after the bumps on Main. He’s got some quality stretches. Tried to catch up to him but no dice.

That’s dope you are getting the kid out so young.  I saw you guys from the quad a few weeks back and she was killing it.  I feel blessed I got into the sport in 6th grade, but getting into it in early elementary age would have been amazing.  Same with Walt and his kids 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

That’s dope you are getting the kid out so young.  I saw you guys from the quad a few weeks back and she was killing it.  I feel blessed I got into the sport in 6th grade, but getting into it in early elementary age would have been amazing.  Same with Walt and his kids 

It’s fantastic.  I’ve always believed the children are our future you just have to teach them well and let them lead the way 

18 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

I was really sluttin' it up for the lift.

Wao, I wish I could have been there to witness these magnificent skills. I normally sit on the lift while zoned out staring into space, not noticing the mad skillz of skiers and boarders below. But if I saw you showboating under the Main Street lift, I would have been like "wao, there goes that Atomic Skier guy, he should be in the O-Lympics". The moment would be accompanied by a lot of hootin' an' hollerin'.

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wao, I wish I could have been there to witness these magnificent skills. I normally sit on the lift while zoned out staring into space, not noticing the mad skillz of skiers and boarders below. But if I saw you showboating under the Main Street lift, I would have been like "wao, there goes that Atomic Skier guy, he should be in the O-Lympics". The moment would be accompanied by a lot of hootin' an' hollerin'.

@DiMe I think salty is on drugs again. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, mute1080 said:

I second @RidgeRacer’s comments. Grate night skiing. Snow was so good we expanded our terrain and notched Nightmare and Falls off the kid’s list. Half the age I was when I did them the first time 💪 

Saw @MattEDGE stretching out his groin from the lift after the bumps on Main. He’s got some quality stretches. Tried to catch up to him but no dice.

Nightmare is a double black.  im not even sure skiitoolives kids are double black diamond skiers yet.  Nice work.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1