3/5..clouds and sun…variable conditions.

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot before 715am and in the house were Johnny Law, PARidge, JFDan, Matt Edge, Atomic Jeff, Enjorales, Pops, TP4, Bethlehem Ford crew minus Bethlehem ford guy, Schifdawg, Wally, Dime, Toast and many others.  

The temperature was in the low 30s to start and the sky's were a mixture of clouds and sun.  First run on Challenge had the rolly Polly snow..not that firm though.  Main Street was smoother and firmer, Lazy Mile was craptastic and coming soon was decent while lower paradise was chop city.  I didn’t get onto razors as it was closed for slalom training.  

I found Widowmaker to midway to lower Main Street to be the best run.  Crowds were light to moderate and they didn’t even run the OG six pack until 10am when I was in the lot enjoying beer and chips. All in all a fun session and I don’t want to be to picky about ski conditions but I’ll give it like a 4.5 out of 10 today. 

CA6FE399-E7C6-4406-B256-2054326F4953.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just got back from Blue.  Sorry for my abrupt departure from the lot shenanigans, some friends had arrived I needed to take a few laps with.  This morning felt like mid winter with firm white snow.  Suprisingly light opening crowds compared to last Sunday. All in all JADIP

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As hard as this winter season has tried to be on us skiers and riders, I have had some very good days at blue. Today was one of them, nice weather, decent snow. Yeah switchback was mashed potatoey, and come around was pretty slick but everything else I skied was ok, and barney's had hero bumps. One thing about Blue Mountain, it teaches (forces?) you to get used to wildly variable conditions. I think that's a good thing. I shared a lift with Matt Edge, enjoyed our conversation. Speaking of lifts, when are people going to learn to wait for their friends outside of the lift loading areas?

• Like 5

Seeing as how Salty's Buddy Pass to Blue seems likely to be going elsewhere I had a real nice.time at JF today. 19 runs off Paradise lift with zero lines. Soft snow bumping up over course of day on River Shot and Floyd's. No trees in play. They seem to be planning to make more snow and stay open at least a couple more weeks,  but I expect this will be my last day skiing PA this season barring a March snowstorm.

Heading up to Hunter Tues on way to 2 days at Stowe 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, zzslope said:

As hard as this winter season has tried to be on us skiers and riders, I have had some very good days at blue. Today was one of them, nice weather, decent snow. Yeah switchback was mashed potatoey, and come around was pretty slick but everything else I skied was ok, and barney's had hero bumps. One thing about Blue Mountain, it teaches (forces?) you to get used to wildly variable conditions. I think that's a good thing. I shared a lift with Matt Edge, enjoyed our conversation. Speaking of lifts, when are people going to learn to wait for their friends outside of the lift loading areas?

People seem to block entrances to lifts everywhere…people never learn.  Good point about the variable conditions.  

31 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Seeing as how Salty's Buddy Pass to Blue seems likely to be going elsewhere I had a real nice.time at JF today. 19 runs off Paradise lift with zero lines. Soft snow bumping up over course of day on River Shot and Floyd's. No trees in play. They seem to be planning to make more snow and stay open at least a couple more weeks,  but I expect this will be my last day skiing PA this season barring a March snowstorm.

Heading up to Hunter Tues on way to 2 days at Stowe 

Thanks for posting the Jack Frost report here..it saved me a few clicks if you post the report in the Jack Frost forum.  I’d low key want to ski Hunter Tuesday but I have an appointment at work.  Toodles

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zzslope said:

Speaking of lifts, when are people going to learn to wait for their friends outside of the lift loading areas?

Airhead and I sort of blocked the lift loading area yesterday when we saw our friends GrilledSteezeSandwich and BenM, and others approaching, but we were courteous enough to let others pass and not waste their time.

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Saw you'ses guys today standing in a circle (jerk). Sickbird!

youse.thumb.jpg.f8ebcd43ad87435a3cc9488705396f08.jpg

Spotted the bottom of your plane and knew it was you. We thought you were going to try and drop fruit roll ups or something on @JFskiDan but he remained safe. Then you came around for a second pass and we got more concerned. Luckily, he was still safe.

Edited by toast21602
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Airhead and I sort of blocked the lift loading area yesterday when we saw our friends GrilledSteezeSandwich and BenM, and others approaching, but we were courteous enough to let others pass and not waste their time.

Yes , Salty is worth his Salt. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Spotted the bottom of your plane and knew it was you. We thought you were going to try and drop fruit roll ups or something on @JFskiDan but he remained safe. Then you came around for a second pass and we got more concerned. Luckily, he was still safe.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394468806663?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=394468806663&targetid=1264870805264&device=m&mktype=&googleloc=9006933&poi=&campaignid=14859008593&mkgroupid=130497710760&rlsatarget=pla-1264870805264&abcId=9300678&merchantid=426098375&gbraid=0AAAAAD_QDh9I4pm08-Y63SJPNaWrj7ANw&gclid=CjwKCAiAmJGgBhAZEiwA1JZolmMEGhjh3YPcvyt2vHJE0GxQW6z-NeIFNPnt84i3AKkCHKhL6TonQRoCPxUQAvD_BwE

He can drop these, sound effects are a bonus. 

4 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

He can drop these, sound effects are a bonus. 

I don't want to get yelled at by the FAA for dropping items out of a tiny window. It would be cool to attach a loudspeaker to the plane and announce, "Attention ladies and gentlemen of the Blue Mountain lower parking lot, prepare to witness the insane, awesome 100 horsepower of the mighty Rotax as the Evektor goes from idle to full throttle 1,000 feet overhead".

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 1

Switchback was next level bad by 9am it was almost impressive. Between the Air Force buzzing the lot and the cavalry shooting up in the hills I'm just glad @JFskiDan stayed safe. 

Cool aerial pic too. You can tell that's actually us because even just as a pixel JLaw manages to exude swagger. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Schif said:

Switchback was next level bad by 9am it was almost impressive. Between the Air Force buzzing the lot and the cavalry shooting up in the hills I'm just glad @JFskiDan stayed safe. 

Cool aerial pic too. You can tell that's actually us because even just as a pixel JLaw manages to exude swagger. 

Sugar piles are fun if you get creative with it 🤣

11 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Marked Safe From |  THINGS FALLING FROM THE SKY | image tagged in marked safe from | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 3/5/2023 at 12:28 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

….and in the house were Johnny Law, PARidge, JFDan, Matt Edge, Atomic Jeff, Enjorales, Pops, TP4, Bethlehem Ford crew minus Bethlehem ford guy, Schifdawg, Wally, Dime, Toast and many others.  

I think it’s funny that Wally was listed 😂

• Like 1