311 day…all mixed up don’t know what to do.

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower lot real early because I allowed extra time for the snowy drive which was not necessary.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, Johnny Law, PARidge, Mute, Boo bear, Becky Boo, Toast, BenM, Enjorales, Pops, Enjorales cousin, Falco, Spider, Dirtwolf, Bethlehem ford guy, Harold, Indiggio, Slim, TP4, VTMark and many others.  

There was about 3” of new snow on the upper mountain and less than an inch at the base.  First run was a foggy challenge, the snow was ok, a few sticky areas…Main street was decent with a few choppy areas.  I enjoyed Coming soon the most.  There was some untracked on the far right side and I felt some float and the head wall had a nice natural snow surface on top of a hardpack base and looked choppy but the snow was very forgiving.  I kept lapping coming soon the majority of my session.  

It was snowing very wet most of the time I skied and I was soaked..mainly my legs…had a few beers in the lot including a Heady Topper compliments of Dirtwolf and when I peaced out a few people were going to the season pass holder lunch…

Ski everybody tomorrow..I think the snow is gonna be really fast.  

14060A5C-0D30-484C-AE24-A5845D73552D.jpeg

F5E40FDE-5004-4725-A38B-34C9A9E7A6ED.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Today was fun. was hoping for better snowfall wise but whatever. @GrilledSteezeSandwichis correct. Coming soon (as it has been all season) was the ROTD. Photo of when I left this morning and when I arrived below. The snow total amount based on elevation was quite noticable 

IMG_20230311_063213_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20230311_070414_HDR~3.jpg

You live at about 1600 feet?   Pops was talking about how when he was a kid in Scranton there’d be 3-4 feet of snow on the ground.  I’m glad we got a little taste of winter.  

I cant accurately describe wtf the first headwall on Razors was.  Mostly because i couldnt see it, but it was a new level of weird.  After that, things were pretty good, slow in spots for sure.  Switch was nice, coming soon was fun in the ditchy-ditch.  Last two runs the vis was so much better.  

• Like 5

Coming up over the top first thing this am was absolutely spectacular, the snow caked trees gave it a real Christmas at the north pole kinda look.

Switch I thought was really good full speed uneven and they added a 3rd spot to get air which I always appreciate. Coming Soon and the middle ditch in particular were very good. 

The weather wasn't the best to sit around in and you couldn't see shit for awhile but with the multi color snow no need to see it anyways. 

Major props to Dirty for the Heady Topper, one of the absolute best. 

• Like 5

Very strange snow conditions today.  Barney’s troughs were filled with thick cream cheese covering the firmness beneath that made them skiable but exhausting.   A far cry from Canadian snow!

Couldn’t pass up the “free” lunch and didn’t win any door prizes either.  At least they sprung for a hazy IPA!

3263DF36-7881-4E24-9B2A-0A7C8E605F12.thumb.jpeg.1425e1a64c38067eab1260b9133d70fe.jpeg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Lunch doesn’t look bad. And who can argue about a free hazy IPA. 

It wasn't bad at all and this time around they had plenty of food.
There was no way I was going up for more, but others did seconds and had some doggie-bag cookies to go.

• Like 1