Dusty, gonna be crusty

Boo Bear

Just got back from a quick afternoon session. Arrived around 1215, it was 34 at the lower lodge. The first lift was surprisingly deceptive. It looked like there was cord.  First run was down lazy and it was firm, lots of dust, but you had to hunt to find it. Ended up doing about 5 runs in an hour, the wind was working against me to get downhill. Upper main was rock solid but lower had a nice little pocket on the side. We talked about double dipping for tonight but not sure.

• Like 7
  • Boner City 1

Skied 6-7 for 6 runs. MBike and Bunski were walking out when I got there and Chuck was on his way out. Mad sticky icky icky including a full tuck down Falls that didn’t even let me make it to Homestretch. Did wax the twigs Friday so thought it wouldn’t be that bad. Stayed on steeper stuff and where there was fresh snow, it was fun but slow. Top of Razors was complete blown off so it was an interesting start.

Beer Fairy surprised me with a Frost Plush so worth it 😍

Edited by mute1080
  • Like 8

31 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Skied 6-7 for 6 runs. MBike and Bunski were walking out when I got there and Chuck was on his way out. Mad sticky icky icky including a full tuck down Falls that didn’t even let me make it to Homestretch. Did wax the twigs Friday so thought it wouldn’t be that bad. Stayed on steeper stuff and where there was fresh snow, it was fun but slow. Top of Razors was complete blown off so it was an interesting start.

Beer Fairy surprised me with a Frost Plush so worth it 😍

Sometime we need to make a diagram of all the different types of skiing conditions..wet powder is not one of them.  

The beer fairy is good for stoke!!!

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, momskeeztoo said:

Lots of fun today. Morning was frozen solid cord, haven’t skied that in a while at Blue. Around 11 am started full out blizzard conditions. Made some areas a little sticky, but for the most part a great day. 

It was cool seeing the blizzard conditions at Blue on the webcams while there was barely a flurry in Allentown..reports are that 15 minutes north of Blue it snowed 6-10”+…that’s the cool thing about nor Easter’s is that sharp cut offs but we generally do better snowfall wise with Alberta clippers.  

WTGAI all that braved todays weather.  

• Thanks 1

Rode this morning,  saw BFG and root from the lift.  They blew all over last night and coverage has improved. They were blowing on Vista,  Coming soon and the top gun on challenge when I was there. 

Crowds were non existent and the wind was strong but nothing crazy.  Everything other than razors was a nice winter like carpet that was generally fast and had good grip. Coming Soon in particular had that super nice spongy fresh blown and you could full speed arc down the lower headwall. 

Who knows but hopefully all this blowing means they will be open next week. 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Rode this morning,  saw BFG and root from the lift.  They blew all over last night and coverage has improved. They were blowing on Vista,  Coming soon and the top gun on challenge when I was there. 

Crowds were non existent and the wind was strong but nothing crazy.  Everything other than razors was a nice winter like carpet that was generally fast and had good grip. Coming Soon in particular had that super nice spongy fresh blown and you could full speed arc down the lower headwall. 

Who knows but hopefully all this blowing means they will be open next week. 

The new snow blown on Coming Soon has consistently been the best on the mountain for the last two years now. Whatever guns they put there need to be used more often.

• Like 9