3/16…Pretty good.

Today was super good, particularly for later in the season. Always dope to show up and see the guns going pretty hard and there is no evidence they are closing soon. 

Challenge was rotd which is rare but it was full steam ahead kind of snow and it's a real treat when you get truly let them fly. From early on in my skiing days to now the roll over at the top is a great way to start a trail. 

I didn't think coming soon was that bad but I think it was very dependent on what lane you were in as it was very firm underneath. 

Crazy it's Pina colada weather out now 

• Like 5

I thought lazy, switchback, and challenge were very good this morning. GSS was right about challenge looking bad but being good, weird. Razors was ok as was widow to midway. There were some very sticky spots from a couple of the fan guns. One was on main across from midway. We watched from the lift as people almost faceplanted when they hit it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, zzslope said:

I thought lazy, switchback, and challenge were very good this morning. GSS was right about challenge looking bad but being good, weird. Razors was ok as was widow to midway. There were some very sticky spots from a couple of the fan guns. One was on main across from midway. We watched from the lift as people almost faceplanted when they hit it.

Then spot I found to be pleasant new manmade snow..I hit the homestretch snowmaking pile at a weird angle one time and it slowed me down a lot..and the one blowing water by the new six pack was fun..they were still blowing snow when it was like 38-39 degrees at the base and the humidity was sort of high.  

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Shut it down..I didn’t want to leave blue earlier but I had alot of work to do   

I have nothing to do but go home and watch documentaries on ancient Egypt until I fall asleep on the couch. Probably hanging out till close it's too nice. Easily the best night session all season

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Snow was super sticky this afternoon so I spent some time working on front boards and front board 90 outs hiking yetti.  Got some random dad to film one drop for me to see what I needed to fix.  Around 6ish the sun was on its way down and the snow got fast again.  Coverage is suprisingly good in most spots.  Really hope we get midweek next week. All in all JADIP 😇

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t think I’ve ever been over where you park.

It's fast access to the quad for a warm up run over to the 6 pack.  Employees park there, last 2 rows in front of tubing building.

Edited by DiMe

Rode this morning with Mixl and root. 

At first I thought the weather man was smoking crack as it was raining hard most of my drive up but 15 mins or so before 9 it cleared up and got super super nice out. 

They took a bit of a beating in coverage, on switch the groomer got into it a bit and now has a large racing stripe for 200ft. NM/DW is just plain thin most everywhere. 

The snow was absolutely fantastic, perfect hero snow and generally very smooth. Set them up and let them go all day with low crowds. Challenge was perfect for the first hour and razors wasn't far behind.  Really really excellent spring skiing hopefully they are open during the week next week.

• Like 6