Plattekill Powder Day 3/15/23

AirheadD8

I've been fighting a respiratory virus for a while so planning to get to bed early for the long drive so I thought I would be a good idea to pound some vitamins and take a couple puffs on the inhaler that the doctor gave me , what could go wrong ? Well apparently I discovered a new type of stimulant that kept me buzzed for 24hrs but not in a good way . I gave up trying to sleep at 3 am and left .

The drive was easy peezy with no traffic , last 1/2h was snowing a bit and places the roads had an inch or so . Got to Platty at 7am second car . It was blowing like crazy and 23f. Ticket kiosk and sat in the lower level waiting for a line to start at the double . I ended up 3rd chair . 

On the ride up I was amazed at the size of the snow drifts 3-4' in some places and like a ridge across the slopes. First run was under the double to hoots and hollers everywhere. 30" of untracked snow . It was not as I thought it would be ,light on top and very heavy below . Stopping was to be avoided if possible as you would sink down and expend a lot of energy to get going . Plattekill is a steep place and usually doesn't present a problem getting started again , todays snow was an anomy . I've storm chased a bunch of storms and this one was very different . 

I lasted till lunch and after getting a bit sloppy with some turns called it a day . I wish I could have stayed all day the woods were awesome after the trails got cut up. 

• Like 5
  • Boner City 1

3:05 in crash…how wide are your skis?  Ski width prob doesn’t even matter that much in such heavy snow. I’m tired watching that run but still way to get after it and if I see you this weekend at Blue I might ask you for a couple puffs off your inhaler.  I was thinking you’re hardcore AF for driving four hours on no sleep with a respiratory illness..anyway was a cool video seeing all the people floundering around. In one spot a guy was like a few feet away from you skiing by.  Crazy. 

25 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

3:05 in crash…how wide are your skis?  Ski width prob doesn’t even matter that much in such heavy snow. I’m tired watching that run but still way to get after it and if I see you this weekend at Blue I might ask you for a couple puffs off your inhaler.  I was thinking you’re hardcore AF for driving four hours on no sleep with a respiratory illness..anyway was a cool video seeing all the people floundering around. In one spot a guy was like a few feet away from you skiing by.  Crazy. 

Nordica Hell & Backs 132-90-118    170s 

https://www.drugs.com/albuterol.html

B vitamin, Vitamin E and a Healthy Testosterone support multi . 

At your own risk of course LOL . 

Edited by AirheadD8
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

Did you meet up with @Harvey or any nyskibloggers?

I rode 3rd chair with JTG . I was hoping to meet @Harvery but it’s probably a good thing @Ripitz was with him. I might have been tempted to keep up with him. He’s a beast! . That probably would have not ended well for me as I was lucky if I was skiing at 30% of my level. 

• Like 1