Utah 2023

PSUFrankenstein

3 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

The wait is insane for a table but I got a seat at the bar so no wait for me.  Food is delicious 

Last time I was out there I put in for a table at the red iguana, they said it was like an hour and a half, then went to a brewery a.d also put in for the red iguana 2. Turns out they use the same text system so I was getting messages from both, had no idea which one had a table ready and ran back and forth until the 2 finally sat me. 

• Like 2

I am home tonight. Hung out with friends in SLC and did a little city tour. I was pretty exhausted 

Friday was pretty crazy at Solitude. Hitchhiked up BCC and was in lift line at 830.

From like 10am to 1pm it snowed so darn heavy. Approx. 1pm word was going around that BCC road was closed because it slid and had to get cleared.  Then shortly later that Alta and Bird were forced into Interlodge and LCC would be closed through evening. BCC reopened around 345pm.  

Probably the heaviest snowfall day I ever experienced.

Had a blast at all the ski areas I visited. Definitely will be back…

• Like 6

11 hours ago, CaptDave said:

I am home tonight. Hung out with friends in SLC and did a little city tour. I was pretty exhausted 

Friday was pretty crazy at Solitude. Hitchhiked up BCC and was in lift line at 830.

From like 10am to 1pm it snowed so darn heavy. Approx. 1pm word was going around that BCC road was closed because it slid and had to get cleared.  Then shortly later that Alta and Bird were forced into Interlodge and LCC would be closed through evening. BCC reopened around 345pm.  

Probably the heaviest snowfall day I ever experienced.

Had a blast at all the ski areas I visited. Definitely will be back…

Yeah Friday at snowbasin was pretty crazy.   Not as much snow as BCC/LCC but I think they reported 15" and with the wind, it made for some pretty deep spots.  With the deep snow and terrible visibility, there were people falling everywhere. 

Powder mountain was awesome... not the craziest terrain but the snow quality, lack of crowds, and vibe was great. Doing a guided tour was definitely a good idea...at the end of the day, we went over all the trails we did on the trail map and he recommended what to do the next day 

• Like 3