3/25. Always try new things.

JFskiDan

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Very fun day today.  Obstacles to navigate, small bailout lines, and of course, "the cupcake line".   Rain held off until 10.  more ski police than patrons.  

We hit the lot with some drizzle, which turned into a more steady rain, so we tried something new, which was take the parking lot inside, had a few beers, stayed dry, and had a good time.  

@tarponhead and I were in the lot wondering where y’all disappeared to?!?

Super fun day today before the deluge.  Snow was most excellent everywhere.

Off the quad first thing planned on hitting the sketchy but at the moment still open Razorback, but by the time we got down there SP was closing it off.   As I passed by the bottom, who’s coming down but @Benm.  Damn!

Challenge has a huge mud spot in the middle but a WROD skier’s right which was just enough to get through, so we had to do that.  It also had a slice left across it that was also manageable.

Raceway is done and Switch might not make it as the bottom was also pretty thin.

Tomorrow should be a hoot!  Break out your best gaper attire for the close!

• Like 5

Glad the clouds held off long enough to get 2 hours in. Probably the least amount of people I’ve ever seen on a weekend which made for a grate morning. Coming Soon was my ROTD but everything except Razors was soft and fun.

Having beers in the lodge felt like we went to a different mountain since I’ve never seen it from in there. Surprised they even had the bar open but they had 2 beers on draft left, one of which we kicked.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Today was straight class, no rain until the end and super fun. Switch was 12/10 with the perfect amount of rowdy. I'm hoping tomorrow extends that trend but only in a good way. 

Most excellent having beers inside, I think the last time I sat there was ski club 

You’ll have to show me where you sat.  I’ve never had a beer in the valley lodge.  I have had a few food items 

• Like 2

Sooooo much fun today.. ....Many technical lines to choose from....It really looked like we were they only one here...It was super quiet too...These are some of the best days on the snow....Being inside felt like high school lunch room at the end of the year.... 

Edited by Mixilplix
  • Like 2

I was less than motivated this morning after 2 12 hour shifts of shit I can’t even make up. Weather said heavy rain wasn’t going to hit until noon, so got on the snow around 945, just in time for the r@in to start. I’ve skied in the rain a lot this season, but this was in a class by itself. Top stayed dry thanks to Gortex jacket, but everything else soaked almost immediately. Took 9 runs, called it a day. What’s left of the snow is actually pretty nice, they’ve lost a lot since I was there Wednesday. Back tomorrow for the last day of the season at Blue 

• Like 6