3/26/23…Closing day…sunny

Hey All,

I’m back from closing day.  I arrived at the lower lot around 715am and it was 41 degrees under bright sky’s.  Everybody was in the house except for Zonked, Toast, Atomic Jeff, Shadows, Salty, Nastar glenn, PARidge, Kevin Thomas, GSSucks and Root.  

I began on the quad and coming soon was very firm as was Main Street.  The Chute and midway along with after the sharp turn on lazy mile received the first sun and softened into corn fast.  I especially liked the chute as it was getting a lot less traffic than midway so was more smooth.  Paradise was decent as well but mainly I was skiing east out to vista to chute to lower Main Street.  

I also hit coming soon a few more times when it softened.  Fun parking lot today with beer, a scooter and another sausage sunday.  The temperature warmed to 60 degrees and it was beautiful weather.  

The only annoying thing was the one security guy was hanging around a lot and he said they’re cracking down on tailgating next season   

JADIP

0A5C0468-0D3A-4D91-94BC-9AAC1EA7CD72.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

39 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The only annoying thing was the one security guy was hanging around a lot and he said they’re cracking down on tailgating next season   

JADIP

That’s blasphemy if they crack down on tailgating. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

I’m back from closing day.  I arrived at the lower lot around 715am and it was 41 degrees under bright sky’s.  Everybody was in the house except for Zonked, Toast, Atomic Jeff, Shadows, Salty, Nastar glenn, PARidge, Kevin Thomas, GSSucks and Root.  

I began on the quad and coming soon was very firm as was Main Street.  The Chute and midway along with after the sharp turn on lazy mile received the first sun and softened into corn fast.  I especially liked the chute as it was getting a lot less traffic than midway so was more smooth.  Paradise was decent as well but mainly I was skiing east out to vista to chute to lower Main Street.  

I also hit coming soon a few more times when it softened.  Fun parking lot today with beer, a scooter and another sausage sunday.  The temperature warmed to 60 degrees and it was beautiful weather.  

JADIP

GSSucks was there today, liar.

• Like 2

Just got home from Blue The True!  Only ran into BenM on the slopes as I didnt arrived until after 1 this afternoon.  Lots of parking lot shenanigans by the DJ in the corner by the 6 pack.  Snow was better than expected given their weather leading up.  Caught one of the last chairs up the quad to smoke a jay while making slow deliberate turns down the Nile Mile to close out Blues season.  Sad it has come to an end at Blue for now.  Maybe Camelwack next weekend? 🤔

20230326_160628.jpg

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 9

Thanks to enjorales for cooking..MBike also was also cooking and had the good spicy mustard..I thought I would see Dime…

This was a good season in my opinion..about the best possible given Mother Nature.  Sidewinder would have been nice today..with the new lift setup up 7+ runs an hour with lift stoppages and brief waits at the top and bottom are possible..

Props to Blue for pushing a lot of snow around…

• Like 6

I was there for a very brief 8 runs. Was contemplating a few more only to come down to the quad broken down and a MASSIVE line for ME6. 

2 runs earlier I rode the quad and it stopped twice for extended periods of time. Both times when it started back up it had that slipping feeling so I wasnt surprised to see it closed. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, antman12 said:

I was there for a very brief 8 runs. Was contemplating a few more only to come down to the quad broken down and a MASSIVE line for ME6. 

2 runs earlier I rode the quad and it stopped twice for extended periods of time. Both times when it started back up it had that slipping feeling so I wasnt surprised to see it closed. 

That sucked but they had it back up in like 20 minutes, so props to them for that. Someone said they had to change a belt.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Today was super dope and once everything warmed up it got really good.  Huge props to Ben for getting the skis signed and killing it on Razors. 

I despise the end of ski season,  skiing as a lifestyle is my dream of dreams but we did take what was a very shitty weather season and make it tremendous fun.  It was an honor and a pleasure. 

20230326_111648_remastered.jpg

This should be the next magazine cover

• Like 5

14 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

What a fun day! Highlight of the day was waiting at the top of the 6 pack for the rest of our crew, and a bald eagle flew slowly right above us. Couldn’t ask for a more perfect day, and Blue did a great job considering the hand Mother Nature dealt them. 

It circled over the truck just as I was leaving, I'll take that as a good omen for the season!

• Like 5

Bummed that I missed closing day when it was so nice but I'm glad you all got to enjoy it. My mom had us over for brunch and as much as a love the parking lot food, I'll never turn down her homemade scones and quiche 👌

Also happy to report that in infamous Beau sends his best and is hoping to be back next season!

image.png.c9ef84784d04e2072ad9704c131bf08e.png

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1