Blue Opening Date Posted

skifreak

in the past they have charged i believe $15 for opening day when they just had mainstreet open, so hopefully thats the case. its a ripoff for sure if they charge full price. if they open, i'll be there more or less all day, or until i get tired and/or bored. i really think they can hold the snow through the warmup this week, the piles on mainstreet are about 10 feet high and there was non grass showing through as of this afternoon.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the past they have charged i believe $15 for opening day when they just had mainstreet open, so hopefully thats the case. its a ripoff for sure if they charge full price. if they open, i'll be there more or less all day, or until i get tired and/or bored. i really think they can hold the snow through the warmup this week, the piles on mainstreet are about 10 feet high and there was non grass showing through as of this afternoon.

1/2 price lift tickets when Main street is open has always been their policy...can't wait! :rock

I think they will make it through the warmup. Its not supposed to be as bad as it originally was. I was looking at the 15 day last night and it looks like it warms up again around the 11th. But I didn't check it today so it could have changed. Yeah, they usually do the $15 tickets early in the season when they don't have much open.

Ha, I thought I was the only freak who called the snowphones everyday, I guess I'm not alone.

I think they will make it through the warmup. Its not supposed to be as bad as it originally was. I was looking at the 15 day last night and it looks like it warms up again around the 11th. But I didn't check it today so it could have changed. Yeah, they usually do the $15 tickets early in the season when they don't have much open.

Ha, I thought I was the only freak who called the snowphones everyday, I guess I'm not alone.

Before the days of updated websites I had Killington, Hunter, Greek Peak, Elk, Montage, CB, Shawnee, JF, BB, Blue, BC and Spring programmed into my phone and would call them every day from Oct 1st until one of them finally opened.

ok.. what u guys wanna know..... i dunno when i can post again im always up there... umm we'll most def. be open friday unless something happends... "first open last closed" my snowmaking moto... we will be open,... umm dont worry bout warm weather were waiing til wednesday to strat grooming so we wont have problems.. we have more then enough snow .... i could tel u more but thatd be giving all my secrets away.. peace out see u friday

good to see that someone at blue cares. wanna make us happy and put a box or a rail or something out for us to play on for friday? otherwise i'm just gonna have to build stuff and almost lose my pass on opening day for the second year in a row.

p.s. if there is a snowmaking mound slightly off to the right of the top of mainstreet, like their was last year, please leave it there...

If I remember correctly Blue opens up with night riding right away correct. I can't make it durung the day b/c I have work friday and the rest of the weekend but should be up there at night time for some night riding if it is open.

Edited by Allian Boarder

What is this?!!?! Adam coming to blue when he doesn't have a race?!!

Call the president! We have a national crisis on our hands! :P

I've gotta be at work by 9am, or there about, so I'm hoping to make about an hour of turns before I've gotta head to work.

Edited by AtomicSkier

It's hard to tell how much snow they lost from the webcam. The snow report hasn't been updated and website still says December 2nd tentatively with 7 runs.

The webcam feed definitely makes it look like they lost a ton of snow. Especially compared to forumdestroyer's pics from Post #12.

I hope they're still able to open, at least on Sat with Main St.

I just called the regular Blue mountain #. The woman in the office said they are going to go out and see how much snow they lost and decide whether or not they will open on Friday. She said to keep checking the website as it will be updated later this afternoon. She said they didn't lose alot of snow but that they lost some which sounds optimistic.

Thanks for the info and the proactive approach Doug! :thumb