[insert cliche 'hi I'm new' title here.]

BadassBunny

Hey guys!

There's no 'welcome/n00b' section so I figured I'd say hello to ya'll here - since this is my sorta home mountain.

I'm Mel, I'm 22, I can keep up with the boys, n I love Blue. I had a season pass for the past 2 yrs. This winter I'd like to be an instructor at the mountain, so I'm going to the training session in a few weeks, n I'll be mailing my app in the next day or 2.

Now I have a question - I'm coming from Newark, DE, which is approx 110 miles each way. Don't feel like driving that far very often [esp once the weather gets crappy - my car hates snow, n I even put my winter steelies on last nite].. so I was wondering, is anybody looking for either:

a] a driving/carpool buddy [obviously somebody local by me]

b] a temp roommate? or a place for me to crash Sunday nite - Wed? [assuming I get the job, of course, I was hoping to work Mon, Tues, Wed, n then I'd go home Wed nite] I plan on being on the mtn from open to close, so I really only need an available shower n some floor space. No food or anything of the sort..

Anybody else gonna be at the meeting in 2 weeks?

I look foward to riding with all of u! :cheers:

-Mel

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After checking out the links in your sig I can sympathize even more, as I used to drive a 2001 Grand Am GT1 with a CAI, catback, and few other mods.

It definitely is not a snow friendly ride, especially going uphill. We spent a long weekend at a local hotel by Bear Creek (before they built their own hotel) about 10 miles away. One morning it snowed about 8 inches and it took me about 2 hours to get to the mountain.

We were actually lucky we got there at all, as I had to zig-zag and rock the car to get up small hills while reving the engine real high. It was definitely a bad day for my GAGT and I'm sure my SLP catback pissed off alot of the locals. LOL!

Now I got an STi with all-season tires and I can't wait to try her out in the snow. :-)

EDIT: Forgot to say this earlier, but welcome!

Edited by PeterC0523

Kutztown is about 30min away from Blue. It isn't exactly on your way home, but i figured i would at least offer. Maybe between my place and some others your could split up the crashing, haha. It's also a lot of fun here being its a college town, and after taking a look at your myspace it appears that you like to have a good time, haha!

You could def have free reign on the shower as well. I havent talked to the roomie yet, but i'm sure he won't mind. Especially if you come bearing beer, haha!

Thanks for the welcome, guys. =]

Papa - who's the 'we'? u n Jibo? I've actually never been to CB.. always had a pass to Blue n a triple play card to Creek, so never wanted to waste $ that could go towards NY/VT/points north.

Doug - I'm not a skier. :nono hehe, but my fave trails are Switchback, Sidewinder, n both the double blacks [Razor's n Challenge]. Lazy Mile can be fun cuz there's always stuff to do on the sides. A couch is perfect - how far do u live? I can do dishes n supply beer.

Peter - I used to be a member of UD's snowboard club, but I've already graduated - besides, I'm looking to actually work there. I've done the drive numerous times over the years, but I'm hoping to work there, so I'd like to work consecutive days n avoid driving back n forth every day. If u had a modded GA, are u familiar with gagt.com? I'm an active member over there. Love the STi's... have fun with that lil monster! AWD rally car, hell yeah!

Jibo - 30 mins in whatever direction is still closer than the 110 miles that I'd need to drive from DE! Talk to ur roommate n lemme know! I already know for sure I need to find a place for the weekend of the 10th cuz that's when the ITC training session is... my friend lives pretty close, but he also lives with his parents, so it's really not gonna fly..

I may hafta quit my current job to work at Blue due to lack of availability =/ so cash is gonna be tight. I'm fun[ny] n can def bring beer tho! I s'pose I'll be finding out more info next weekend once I meet some ppl there.

Greatest thread? Riiiiight. lol :huh:

^ yeah yeah.. isn't that how it is on so many forums tho? 95 miles..

Doug - I didn't make that site! I just modified it! It's www.myspace.com all the cool kids are doin it. lol. I think I go to Rita's every day in the summer. I could easily live off that stuff. n THANK YOU for calling it 'Italian ice' I HATE how ppl round these parts refer to it as 'water ice.' oh, n that 2nd table in the park - that's the only 1 I actually ride AROUND. Tried it once, never again.. haha.

Doug - I'm not a skier. hehe, but my fave trails are Switchback, Sidewinder, n both the double blacks [Razor's n Challenge].

Peter - I used to be a member of UD's snowboard club, but I've already graduated - besides, I'm looking to actually work there. I've done the drive numerous times over the years, but I'm hoping to work there, so I'd like to work consecutive days n avoid driving back n forth every day. If u had a modded GA, are u familiar with gagt.com? I'm an active member over there. Love the STi's... have fun with that lil monster! AWD rally car, hell yeah!

I used to be very active at GAGT.com, but haven't been on there in ~1 yr or so. Here is my n-body.net registry from a few years ago, has a bunch of my mods a some pics. Never really took my GAGT too far from stock.

http://www.n-body.net/registry/peterc/

Thanks regarding the STi, can't wait to shred it up on the mountain AND on the way there! :rock Just gotta get a roof rack, until then we'll be taking our Explorer. Here are some recent pics of my STi...

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showpost.php?p...788&postcount=1

Props on tearing it up on the double-blacks at Blue. :thumb I used to do it on skis, but I'm still working up the nerve the do it on my board.

Sweet GAGT BTW!

Edited by PeterC0523