DC Judges and Flow Bindings?

mattm

It seems that people get bent out of shape if I talk about snowboarding outside of PA.

terrence stories are always welcome in my opinion. everyday i wish more and more that i would have followed you out there. i think most of the people who used to get bent out of shape are either no longer with us or have mellowed out by now. and come on man since when have you been worried about stirring people up? i say post away about it. maybe if you put it in an "other mtns" forum people wont get weird.

I just think if your looking to buy something that makes strapping in take 5 seconds as apposed to 10 seconds get step ins and avoid the added weight. In addition at least with step ins you don't have to bend over at all.

im going to pretend i didnt just hear that.

flows are by far the lesser evil.

Word!! I think that it is a huge bonus to us that he stops in frequently to contribute to this board. I have met this guy. very stand up and his opinions should be respected.

Thanks Rob, that means a lot. Truthfully I really haven't been taking many photos or video lately but when I do I'll show it off here.

To each his own, no worries.

I just hear more positive feedback about a quality pair of step ins, thats all. I think i made it pretty clear though that i don't like either.

we can agree that friends dont let friends ride either, haha.

maybe i believe that so much because of what ive heard of the burton step in system, which not only performs poorly but is dangerous.

Edited by skitzo

I have the Judges, and they are, honestly, the best boots I've ever ridden.

They are really comfortable, and the stiff feeling does not exist. When I first got these, they did feel a bit stiff out of the box. But once I took a run in them, they loosened up a whole lot, and now they are really flexy. They just feel great.

And for the BOA system, it is really good. It takes less time to put on your boots (not that it matters), and it is SO much easier to get them tight. Also, you can adjust them whenever you want, whether its on the lift or even riding. I remember that with regular boots if they felt loose, I had to pullover at the side of the run, unstrap both feet, untie my boots, tie them up again, and then strap back in.

Also, the liner is great. It has that heat factory stuff, but I don't use it. It has gel in three areas, in the tounge, which keeps the contact on your shin nice and cushy, in the heel, which is good for shock absorbtion, and in the toe area, which is good on those landings where your feet shift and you toes hit the end of the boot.

All in all, these boots are great. The BOA system has given me no problems at all, I think people just don't like it because they haven't tried it. I've ridden a whole season here in PA, and the whole summer in Whister with these boots with no problems at all. The only problem I've had is that the toe from the boot that I rest my board on when I'm on the lift has some tears in the rubber. Very minimal damage - and besides it's something that I've had happen with any pair of boots.

I have the Judges, and they are, honestly, the best boots I've ever ridden.

They are really comfortable, and the stiff feeling does not exist. When I first got these, they did feel a bit stiff out of the box. But once I took a run in them, they loosened up a whole lot, and now they are really flexy. They just feel great.

And for the BOA system, it is really good. It takes less time to put on your boots (not that it matters), and it is SO much easier to get them tight. Also, you can adjust them whenever you want, whether its on the lift or even riding. I remember that with regular boots if they felt loose, I had to pullover at the side of the run, unstrap both feet, untie my boots, tie them up again, and then strap back in.

Also, the liner is great. It has that heat factory stuff, but I don't use it. It has gel in three areas, in the tounge, which keeps the contact on your shin nice and cushy, in the heel, which is good for shock absorbtion, and in the toe area, which is good on those landings where your feet shift and you toes hit the end of the boot.

All in all, these boots are great. The BOA system has given me no problems at all, I think people just don't like it because they haven't tried it. I've ridden a whole season here in PA, and the whole summer in Whister with these boots with no problems at all. The only problem I've had is that the toe from the boot that I rest my board on when I'm on the lift has some tears in the rubber. Very minimal damage - and besides it's something that I've had happen with any pair of boots.

ive heard good stuff about the Judges, but not about the flow bindings. From what i have heard from friends who rode them, they are super heavy. And what is the point of strapping in real quick, when you will probobly have to wait for your friends to strap in anyways? they are good if u ride by yourself i guess?

• 16 years later...
On 12/3/2005 at 1:48 PM, adrian said:

boa = good luck with that.

On 12/3/2005 at 7:46 PM, DHarrisburg said:

Boa sucks and I'm not exactly sold on either DC boots and/or Flow bindings.

On 12/4/2005 at 2:42 PM, DHarrisburg said:

I've used DC boots with BOA and they suck.

I haven't used Flow bindings because they suck.

If you honestly think that step-in bindings are even remotely close to being comparable to strap-in bindings you are a complete gaper and I hope you enjoy sacrificing turning ability so that you can strap in faster.

Strapping in takes all of 10 seconds. If you have a problem with that, perhaps you should try skiing.

Holy shit these posts aged horribly lol

Years later and BOA is the standard 

Edited by theprogram4

20 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Holy shit these posts aged horribly lol

Years later and BOA is the standard 

I'll never buy a boot without BOA again. Flows though I'm still on the fence about, though I'm currently binding shopping. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Schif said:

I'll never buy a boot without BOA again. Flows though I'm still on the fence about, though I'm currently binding shopping. 

It’s been 18 years since I’ve tied a pair of snowboard boots, and I will live the rest of my life without tying another pair

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 11:20 AM, Schif said:

Nidecker now owns flow. They expanded on the rear entry and are now have something called the supermatic. It looks more promising than burtons step ons because you can use any boot.

• Like 1