new park

kmar2006

well the zawg is here............ and all i have to say is wait til you see the new rails... ill hint out there be between 4 and 6 new ones.. plus new wallride..... and what else can i hint towards... you may use the stairs? but not for walking... and how big of a box can you make? say umm over 45ft?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the zawg is here............ and all i have to say is wait til you see the new rails... ill hint out there be between 4 and 6 new ones.. plus new wallride..... and what else can i hint towards... you may use the stairs? but not for walking... and how big of a box can you make? say umm over 45ft?

Welcome back Kmar - Thanks for the update!

It is something that they are talking about for the 2006/2007 season. From what I last heard they haven't decided where to put it yet. There were rumors last year that it would be between the Falls part of Razors and Paradise, I heard the "on top of Sidewinder" one too, but no one really knows yet. I think I posted before that they wanna use the new Zaugg to make a quarter pipe on riders right on the back wall of the halfpipe in the lower park. Probably put a soap box or something up there. They used to have the mailbox setup on the deck of the pipe, and hopefully we'll get to do something like that again this year.

Talking to a ski instructor last sunday, he said something about a new pipe, maybe close to a super pipe, maybe on the top of sidewinder. Has anyone heard of this? I know forumdestroyer154 posted something about this on SB.com (Sb.com totally blows now).

yea i remember there is a thread on here about it but im lazy and dont want to look for it

before Blue builds a "super pipe"... they should probably learn to build and maintain the pipe that they have now instead of cutting it twice a year like they ahve since it was built. although with the new park crew and park manager (or whatever he is called) it looks like eveything is going to be much better. there are rediculous amounts of snow in the pipe now and they just keep blowing. the pipe and park this year at Blue is looking pretty promising.....

before Blue builds a "super pipe"... they should probably learn to build and maintain the pipe that they have now instead of cutting it twice a year like they ahve since it was built. although with the new park crew and park manager (or whatever he is called) it looks like eveything is going to be much better. there are rediculous amounts of snow in the pipe now and they just keep blowing. the pipe and park this year at Blue is looking pretty promising.....

i think the reason y the pipe was never groomed was because the cutter was to big

superpipe? i think ur on crack.. neway.... we just got the zawg its not ready yet thats y pipe wasnt done.. the dragon we used to have wasn't made to cut a pipe just maintain one thats y it suxed.... sidewinder looks damn good.. good snow on it.. need some more on new section though... so i dunno when maybe weekend hopefully.... and who ever said the pipe was widened.. not true its same.... but zawg will help it alot

nice, i'm looking forward to skiing a pipe that isnt made of walls of ice with random chunks taken out of it... and i'd have to say that the pipe dragon really didnt have much to do with the quality of the pipe since all they did was blow a ton of snow in it at the beginning of the year and only cut it twice...

what is going on with sidewinder though??

Edited by toast21602

the pipe is deff bigger. you can tell. and i almost fell in it by accident on sunday.

i agree... even though it doesnt look like it, when i as up there early this fall, the right ride of it was all dug up and reseeded so some grass could grow... something was obviously done to it... i'm not sure what though

Kmar, on Blues site over the summer under the improvements headline they had:

1) installed magic carpet in valley west

2)widened sidewinder

3)widened the pipe

4)other things that I don't remember

after we saw what they had written we drove up there and saw the changes to sidewinder and then drove down to the pipe and saw the whole right wall torn up and re-seeded. I don't have any before and after pics, but it was pretty obvious that something had been done.

superpipe is probably rumors at this stage but thats how everything starts. the staircase was just a rumor less than a month ago and today they are workin' on it in the garage. I was told its a 12 set with a handrail in the middle and a ledge or box on either side.

Talking to a ski instructor last sunday, he said something about a new pipe, maybe close to a super pipe, maybe on the top of sidewinder. Has anyone heard of this? I know forumdestroyer154 posted something about this on SB.com (Sb.com totally blows now).

superpipe? i think ur on crack.. neway.... we just got the zawg its not ready yet thats y pipe wasnt done.. the dragon we used to have wasn't made to cut a pipe just maintain one thats y it suxed.... sidewinder looks damn good.. good snow on it.. need some more on new section though... so i dunno when maybe weekend hopefully.... and who ever said the pipe was widened.. not true its same.... but zawg will help it alot

I never said superpipe. i said "maybe close to a super pipe." What i meant was- bigger than the one they currently have. Also, i'm convinced that they widened their pipe. Check these pics out. They look pretty convincing for me, but then again, i don't work there. Also, i was at blue yesterday, and there is a shit-load of snow up on sidewinder- it's amazing. :rock

having trouble. gimme a minute

pic 1

b5c13b08.jpg

pic 2

61d7b8b2.jpg

Edited by stevo182