12/18 Report

AtomicSkier

Well Doug and I were there at 7:10, and waiting in line by 7:25, we were the second chair up (I was the first chair yesterday) gahskier and his friend beat us up :P Doug and I both did 20 runs (21620 vertical feet)...we skied the last four or five w/ Thinksnow and his wonderful finance, Brie :nana I took a VERY bad spill on Switchback, i think it was head over heels, all i remember was my head digging into the ground sooo hard, Greg was behind me, he saw the whole thing. Needless to say when I finally untangeled myself, everything was green :huh::huh: But I got up after a few minutes of making sure nothing was broken (my left arm hurts a bit) and started arcing turns and jumping off of falls again, so it wasn't too bad. Another great day, and an empty day at Blue! :yes

It was definitely fun skiing this morning and Beautiful weather. Nothing better than waking up early, skiing 20 runs, and then getting free food and drink at a funeral home holiday party. It was cool seeing Greg up there and what a privalage it is riding the lift with the two PASR founders :rock . Brie did really well out there and she's good at skiing through tight conjested areas. Conditions were good with some icy spots but alot more hero snow. They were blowing on Razors early on and I hope they can get that open in the next few days. I didn't see Jeffs fall but it's good that he didn't get injured except for some soreness. Liftlines were 1-2 minutes long at the most and everybody looked to be having a good time. I ended up doing the left side of the first hit and another flat landing, what a stupid jump. I only did the light up box once. My fastest skiing was coming off of Come around at full speed and then flying down Chute. Challenge was also nice and much better than yesterday. I think I might have to hit up Blue tomorrow after work. I would be back up there right now but I've got a slight buzz( working on more) and my boots need to dry out.

No quotes for the day since I didn't get to talk to any middle aged women about my online dating experiences.

Blue mountain :rock and it's still mid December. Today was mad Homer Simpson.....doh

I'm going to take a nap, maybe my arm will feel better, but if it's not better by tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to have to take a day off cause I don't want to hurt it again :)

I got there around 7:45, was riding by 8ish. Lift lines were awesome for a weekend day at blue. Overall, it was really nice today, the snow wasn't that bad. A little ice here and there. Doug, i know what you mean about that left side hit. You gotta come off of the boarder X course and fly to get that thing-my friend did it. I tried that jump once, and never touched it again- i really hate it. I hit about everything in the lower park (nothing fancy), except the disco box, just didn't really think about it. I'm starting to get a feel for the wallride, and i even hiked it a handful of times. (can't wait to try camel's) Sidewinder is looking pretty good-I can't wait to see the setup (probably be scared shitless). I got a peek at the new battle-box. It's pretty long, and looks as wide as the disco box, but then again- it was from a distance, so i could be wrong. I saw the box outside the snowcat garage- it wasn't on sidewinder.........yet :D

Hey stevo,

that's awesome that your friend cleared the hit with extra speed. I thought the boardercross was real slow but at least they're trying. I would like to hit that jump with extra speed but the only time I can do that is when there are not a bunch of Jibber-raisens blocking the entrance. Even when the park crew snowmobile was coming by, they weren't getting off their butts. The park crew was out raking the rails and have been doing a good job. As of today I have officially retired the left side of the first jump. I can'tr wait to see some decent table-tops and hip jumps on Sidewinder. Last year the last little hit on Sidewinder was also alot of fun but you needed alot of speed.

I haven't given up yet- next time i go on a weeknight, i should be able to get a good shot at it right out of boardercross. The boardercross is really slow, huh? I thought i was just retarded. I did have to take it somewhat slow, because it was a little icy, and the board i currently have to ride doesn't hold and edge for shit. The park crew is doing a very good job. The only complaint i can think of is the rut dug out on the right side of the first hit- messed me up a few times.